Default [Q] Accessing Omate from PC?

I recently received an Omate TrueSmart:

Model: TrueSmart
Android 4.2.2
Baseband version: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V 4.P1,2013/11/09 14:19

Kernel version 3.4.5
Omate version OUI2.0
Custom build version Omate_TrueSmart_20140120.15 4604_V2.0

This is my first 'cellular' device (yeah, about time I reached the 21st century...) for which I still have to procure a proper plan and SIM card, but in the meantime, still trying to get familiar.
I have read a few of the postings here, found and installed the 'All-tools(14-2-15)', ran the 'UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi' and 'DPInst64.exe' on my PC (Windows 7/64), and see two 'devices' on my PC when I link the TS using the USB connection; both of which are listed as 'removable media' that request a CD to be inserted (!) when clicked. I was hoping to see a tree structure of files that could be explored, where files could be added, but this does not appear to be so.

I ran the "MTK Droid Root & Tools V2.5.2" and proceeded with a 'Backup', and since 1.18 G of data was saved, I assume that there is some way to get to the device file system. What am I missing here?

Also, since I have not yet got the SIM, I can nevertheless access internet using my home WiFi. The 'setup email' baffles me a bit. I try to specify my gmail account, but the keyboard takes so much room, I cannot see what I am typing. I tried connecting a Bluetooth external keyboard, but the TS did not acknowledge it. It is obvious that I am missing a lot here. Where to start? Is there some kind of primer on the TS? The 'owner manual' is pretty light on the software tools...

Thanks for any help

CBVG