OP darkanubispr

12th March 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Manati PR
Thanks Meter: 12

98 posts
Donate to Me
More
I recently bought a cheap Tmobile US Nokia Lumia 521 for $50 on a retail store and I activate a prepaid number from tmobile and i used tethering without a problem; now i switched to my original sim card from Simple Mobile and I tried to use the internet sharing app from the nokia and didnt work with simple mobile and have the correct apn every time I tried to activate the built in app I receive this error: Conection Not shared internet sharing isnt currently available but i switch again to my tmobile sim and works fine. Any fix for this problem? Any app for tethering? Btw i have a tmobile usa HTC HD2 with andrid and works fine the tethering with the jelly bean built in app
19th March 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Wifi Sharing
I also have this problem I was running a HTC fully unlocked Radar was able to share my internet fine using my Simple Mobile sim after the phone died from water damage I picked up the same Lumia 521 and experienced this issue have you tried unlocking it ? Or have you had any luck I believe it is because it is Locked this is only a theory but I have not got around to unlocking the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanubispr

I recently bought a cheap Tmobile US Nokia Lumia 521 for $50 on a retail store and I activate a prepaid number from tmobile and i used tethering without a problem; now i switched to my original sim card from Simple Mobile and I tried to use the internet sharing app from the nokia and didnt work with simple mobile and have the correct apn every time I tried to activate the built in app I receive this error: Conection Not shared internet sharing isnt currently available but i switch again to my tmobile sim and works fine. Any fix for this problem? Any app for tethering? Btw i have a tmobile usa HTC HD2 with andrid and works fine the tethering with the jelly bean built in app

23rd March 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag Pueblo
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber3str

I also have this problem I was running a HTC fully unlocked Radar was able to share my internet fine using my Simple Mobile sim after the phone died from water damage I picked up the same Lumia 521 and experienced this issue have you tried unlocking it ? Or have you had any luck I believe it is because it is Locked this is only a theory but I have not got around to unlocking the phone

Simple Mobile has to enable tethering on your account for it to work. Had the same issue going from T-Mo to Family Mobile. Now I'm on MetroPCS, same network, and I had them enable tethering, and it works just fine. An option for you is the Tether-X app. I used it quite a bit before.
24th March 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Not sure that is true since I have been using the same Simple Mobile sim for about 3 years now and I can successfully tether using a HTC HD7 and the HTC Radar not to mention that I am able to tether with my friends GS3.....Update today I received the black software release over the air update OS 8.0.10517.150 after install I was and reboot I am able to wifi tether on the nokia Lumia 521 update your software and this is sovled

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanitoriv

Simple Mobile has to enable tethering on your account for it to work. Had the same issue going from T-Mo to Family Mobile. Now I'm on MetroPCS, same network, and I had them enable tethering, and it works just fine. An option for you is the Tether-X app. I used it quite a bit before.

Last edited by Barber3str; 25th March 2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: update info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
internet sharing, nokia luimia 521, simple mobile, tethering, windows phone 8
Previous Thread Next Thread