Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any Advice on ADB Sideloading? (i717 CWM 6.0.4.3)

Tip us?

Swiftflikk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Any Advice on ADB Sideloading? (i717 CWM 6.0.4.3)

Hi there,

I'm having problems when trying to install a ROM through the 'install zip from sideload' feature in ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3. My Windows 8.1 PC can't recognize the device at all while in the sideload (Mounting USB storage works perfectly). The device doesn't show up when I type
Code:
adb devices
in the command prompt, even when I run it as an administrator. It can't be the recovery because I've tried downloading from different places and tried to flash about 3 times.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or has had this problem in the past but has solved it already?

Thanks in advance

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 402

DONATE TO ME
Do you have usb debugging enabled on the phone? It's under the developer options.

gimmeitorilltell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftflikk View Post
Hi there,

I'm having problems when trying to install a ROM through the 'install zip from sideload' feature in ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3. My Windows 8.1 PC can't recognize the device at all while in the sideload (Mounting USB storage works perfectly). The device doesn't show up when I type
Code:
adb devices
in the command prompt, even when I run it as an administrator. It can't be the recovery because I've tried downloading from different places and tried to flash about 3 times.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or has had this problem in the past but has solved it already?

Thanks in advance
Adb sideload should be working fine. Make sure you're not using a 3.0 usb hub.

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk!