Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any Advice on ADB Sideloading? (i717 CWM 6.0.4.3)

OP Swiftflikk

22nd March 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paeroa
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hi there,

I'm having problems when trying to install a ROM through the 'install zip from sideload' feature in ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3. My Windows 8.1 PC can't recognize the device at all while in the sideload (Mounting USB storage works perfectly). The device doesn't show up when I type
Code:
adb devices
in the command prompt, even when I run it as an administrator. It can't be the recovery because I've tried downloading from different places and tried to flash about 3 times.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or has had this problem in the past but has solved it already?

Thanks in advance
22nd March 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do you have usb debugging enabled on the phone? It's under the developer options.
24th March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,399

1,017 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftflikk

Hi there,

I'm having problems when trying to install a ROM through the 'install zip from sideload' feature in ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3. My Windows 8.1 PC can't recognize the device at all while in the sideload (Mounting USB storage works perfectly). The device doesn't show up when I type

Code:
adb devices
in the command prompt, even when I run it as an administrator. It can't be the recovery because I've tried downloading from different places and tried to flash about 3 times.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or has had this problem in the past but has solved it already?

Thanks in advance

Adb sideload should be working fine. Make sure you're not using a 3.0 usb hub.

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread