[Q] Baseband Version & IMEI Unknown

Tip us?

harleywastaken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Baseband Version & IMEI Unknown

Hi all,

Ran into some issues with a new phone, hopefully someone can help me out. I've been reading and tried a few things, but no dice. I purchased an unlocked AT&T Galaxy S3 off Ebay, then proceeded to install CWM recovery, take a nandroid backup of stock (v4.0.4), and installed CM 10.2. Upon inserting my T-Mobile sim card and trying to configure the phone, it complained about me needing to insert a sim card and I subsequently noticed that both my Baseband Version, Network, Mobile Network Type, My Phone Number and IMEI are reporting as Unknown.

I've tried restoring my nandroid backup to stock, same items are reporting as Unknown. Trying to flash several stock images with Odin results in 'SW Rev Check Fail: Fused 2 > Binary 0'. I'm guessing this is since CM 10.2 is v4.3. I've tried using NV-items_reader_writer to read/write the IMEI, but it won't connect, complaining 'Phone does not accept SPC. SPC is not correct.' I've run Triangle Away under CM 10.2 with no change to Odin results.

Currently, Download Mode reports:
Quote:
SGH-I747
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Warranty Bit: 1
Bootloader RP SWREV: 2
Does anyone have any suggestions on next steps?

bellifritz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have never been able to run cm 10.2. I have tried several times and always get the Sim card error and no signal. I don't know about the imei or the baseband, because I didn't check mine. I am on at&t and have the newest boot loader and modem. I just flashed a different ROM and my phone worked fine, but like I said I don't know what my baseband and imei showed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Is the model # sgh-i747 according to the phone's label located underneath the battery? Did you try using Odin to install a stock ROM?

harleywastaken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Is the model # sgh-i747 according to the phone's label located underneath the battery? Did you try using Odin to install a stock ROM?
correct, the model number is sgh-i747 as shown underneath the battery. i've tried flashing several stock 4.1.1 roms using Odin, but each time i'm greeted with:

Quote:
Odin Log:
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Download Mode Log:
SW Rev Check Fail: Fused 2 > Binary 0
do you have any suggestions on stock roms to try flashing? i think i need 4.3 for the bootloader(?) to allow it, and as far as i can tell there isn't an official 4.3 image for AT&T's i747. perhaps i'll give the 4.3 leak a try, or try flashing a non-CM rom as bellifritz suggests.

bellifritz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Actually cm11 works fine for me as well as quantum. If you want a stock ROM I can find a link to the thread with the stock debloated 4.3 at&t ROM that I am running.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540998

Look through this thread. Scroll down to where it says Roms and the one marked debloated is what I'm running. There is an odedex version and a deodexed version. I'm running the odexed which is closer to stock but without all the at&t stuff.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellifritz View Post
Actually cm11 works fine for me as well as quantum. If you want a stock ROM I can find a link to the thread with the stock debloated 4.3 at&t ROM that I am running.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540998

Look through this thread. Scroll down to where it says Roms and the one marked debloated is what I'm running. There is an odedex version and a deodexed version. I'm running the odexed which is closer to stock but without all the at&t stuff.

Thanks for the link. I actually have an i747m and do not want to go near 4.3 because of Knox. Also, I can go back to stock, reset the counters, and keep my warranty.

I am able to install CWM and every 4.4.2 ROM I have tried installs without a problem.

For those that have

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleywastaken View Post
correct, the model number is sgh-i747 as shown underneath the battery. i've tried flashing several stock 4.1.1 roms using Odin, but each time i'm greeted with:

do you have any suggestions on stock roms to try flashing? i think i need 4.3 for the bootloader(?) to allow it, and as far as i can tell there isn't an official 4.3 image for AT&T's i747. perhaps i'll give the 4.3 leak a try, or try flashing a non-CM rom as bellifritz suggests.
Your phone is an i747 so you should stick with stock AT&T ROMs. There is a stock 4.04 on samfirmware that you can try.

harleywastaken
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
here's what i flashed to fix it:

philz_touch_6.07.9-d2att.zip
cm11 snapshot
modem_CWM_I747UCUEMJB.zip

my baseband/imei etc are no longer unknown and phonecalls work. thanks for the help and ideas, guys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harleywastaken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

back
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 100000000000000% working

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleywastaken View Post
here's what i flashed to fix it:

philz_touch_6.07.9-d2att.zip
cm11 snapshot
modem_CWM_I747UCUEMJB.zip

my baseband/imei etc are no longer unknown and phonecalls work. thanks for the help and ideas, guys.

thanks alot my baseband revived