Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Another root ?

Tip us?

crazysgt
Old
(Last edited by crazysgt; 21st March 2014 at 07:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So on permissions, just rw, r,r no execute on any right? Now how to disable att updates? Thank goodness for yall smart fellas

The Basilisk
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysgt View Post
So on permissions, just rw, r,r no execute on any right? Now how to disable att updates? Thank goodness for yall smart fellas
Sry for the late reply. Owner=read write, group=read, other=read. No execute
The Following User Says Thank You to The Basilisk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rukbat
Old
Thanks Meter 45
To disable AT&T updates, freeze the at&t update app. (Sorry, I can't get the name right now, I'm on a ROM that had it removed, but it's at&t <something to do with updates>, with little red and green lines on the icon.) Link2SD or TiB will freeze it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rukbat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crazysgt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
One more quick ?, When I open Super SU, a popup appears, Samsung KNOX has been detected. This might limit root capabilities and cause annoying popups. Try to disable KNOX? I have always cancelled the popup. Is that correct? or should I ok it? Again, thanks guys for all the help. I used my gps without fail all weekend long. Not a single problem, gps or phone wise. Wonder if I was to unroot using Kingo app, and leave the gps patch alone, if it would still get OTA?