Post Reply

[Q] Noob Question about firmware

OP Veebs

24th March 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
Veebs's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Hello all, I'm sorry for this Noob question. What are the side effects of flashing a SM-N900P with a Verizon stock firmware (sm-N900V).
24th March 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,035
 
2,634 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veebs

Hello all, I'm sorry for this Noob question. What are the side effects of flashing a SM-N900P with a Verizon stock firmware (sm-N900V).

Just strait vzw .... You won't have data , calls , mms etc wifi will probably still work but the other you will have to fix build prop, apns , remove some apps and add some from a stock sprint one .... it's called porting a rom and it isn't easy ...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
24th March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #3  
Veebs's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

Just strait vzw .... You won't have data , calls , mms etc wifi will probably still work but the other you will have to fix build prop, apns , remove some apps and add some from a stock sprint one .... it's called porting a rom and it isn't easy ...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

thank you very much for your response. I just wanted to see if i can use this phone with verizon, as i already have a verizon account. sigh.. got a good phone and then got screwed over by somebody. and now i have an expensive paper weight. FML!
24th March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,035
 
2,634 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veebs

thank you very much for your response. I just wanted to see if i can use this phone with verizon, as i already have a verizon account. sigh.. got a good phone and then got screwed over by somebody. and now i have an expensive paper weight. FML!

There is no "legal " way to use it with vzw but you could sell it on Craigslist ebay etc and get your money back

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank