Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked T959D

Tip us?

Dannim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service [Q] Bricked T959D

Hey people, another nub here with phone troubles.

History

Early on (years ago) I installed a i9000 kernel and Darkyrom, and have since moved on to Semaphore and Cyanogenmod 10.x and 11.x.

I've been updating to the latest CM11 nightlies (galaxysmtd) for a while without any issues, but several months ago I started seeing a lot of lagginess in responsiveness. I continued with nightlies for a bit until that became too annoying, and I attempted to go back to the full 10.2 galaxysmtd package.

After the flash I was just stuck on the Cyanogen loading screen and because of the cross-flash (i9000 on T959d) I have never been able to get into recovery.

Current

Anyways, since then I'm sure I've managed to make things worse for myself.

I've been all over these forums (T959 One stop shop, stock files, etc) and have attempted to implement the solutions provided myself, but there always appears to be a problem at the start of the instructions that invalidates the solution for me.

All I want to accomplish at this point is to essentially wipe the phone and install the latest/greatest ROM available (Cyanogenmod 11 was previously used, but I'm not particularly attached to anything).

ADB is installed and working
Heimdall works, but will not repartition (I think during the course of my work I've uploaded the wrong PIT or broken it somehow)
Odin will detect my phone when connect, but will not upload files to it

As I've said, I'm a nub and this is clearly beyond my ability to fix so any help would be appreciated. If someone is willing to take this on I can also let you remote in so it can be fixed with a minimal amount of fuss.

Dannim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So....... since clearly no one here is willing/able to be of direct help perhaps someone can point in another direction?