Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flashing bad esn L900 to boost?

Tip us?

rosystreasures
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] flashing bad esn L900 to boost?

I would like to flash a sprint note 2 to boost mobile. I am reading up on the boost mobile thread. And I have been reading up on CDMA Workshop. I'd like to use whats recommended in the thread here (DFS). However, I am a little confused and have a few q's.

Do I need a donor phone?

Will this work with a bad esn phone?

Thx!
Thank you kindly,
Rosy

Sprint Galaxy Note 3
X-Note V15

jlmancuso
Old
Thanks Meter 4,958

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
I would like to flash a sprint note 2 to boost mobile. I am reading up on the boost mobile thread. And I have been reading up on CDMA Workshop. I'd like to use whats recommended in the thread here (DFS). However, I am a little confused and have a few q's.

Do I need a donor phone?

Will this work with a bad esn phone?

Thx!
I am pretty sure with boost you need a donor. Any cheap android will work but remember 4G wont work with your note 2. Also a bad esn phone can be flashed over to boost. It requires you to change the note 2 esn to match that of the donor phone. Xda does not like that kind of discussion on it's forum so dont ask for help with that in a public thread or face the wrath of the mods you will.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jlmancuso

HTC Og Evo, Evo 3d, kyocera torque and Note II all cloned on cricKet

rosystreasures
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmancuso View Post
I am pretty sure with boost you need a donor. Any cheap android will work but remember 4G wont work with your note 2. Also a bad esn phone can be flashed over to boost. It requires you to change the note 2 esn to match that of the donor phone. Xda does not like that kind of discussion on it's forum so dont ask for help with that in a public thread or face the wrath of the mods you will.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
ok, I wont go that route then
Thank you kindly,
Rosy

Sprint Galaxy Note 3
X-Note V15