Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 42,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange charging problem

Tip us?
 
5ch
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 24
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nis
Default [Q] Strange charging problem

Last night i pluged my lg g2 to charge it. After 1 hour when i checked it was only 5% charged and very hot. I restarted it and after that it was charging fine. I had 1 app running and it was DOTS. Can it be becouse of DOTS? Did someone expiriance this problem before? Do i have to worry?
 
joeyvanhummel
Old
#2  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 69
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arnhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch View Post
Last night i pluged my lg g2 to charge it. After 1 hour when i checked it was only 5% charged and very hot. I restarted it and after that it was charging fine. I had 1 app running and it was DOTS. Can it be becouse of DOTS? Did someone expiriance this problem before? Do i have to worry?
Considering the battery being LiPoly, I'd definitely be worried if it happens again.
What do you mean by very hot? Too hot to touch? What area was hot? The upper side of the phone or the middle/lower part?
If it was the upper part, then that's where the logic circuitry is so not too big of a worry. If it was the middle/lower part, that's where the battery is so I'd start to worry there.

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on my battery temperatures when charging, and how the battery performs.
If you have the slightest doubt about your battery being damaged, bring it in for repairs. LiPoly batteries are dangerous with that kind of thing.
Embedded Systems Engineering student
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyvanhummel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
5ch
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 24
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nis
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyvanhummel View Post
Considering the battery being LiPoly, I'd definitely be worried if it happens again.
What do you mean by very hot? Too hot to touch? What area was hot? The upper side of the phone or the middle/lower part?
If it was the upper part, then that's where the logic circuitry is so not too big of a worry. If it was the middle/lower part, that's where the battery is so I'd start to worry there.

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on my battery temperatures when charging, and how the battery performs.
If you have the slightest doubt about your battery being damaged, bring it in for repairs. LiPoly batteries are dangerous with that kind of thing.
I think it was uper part and battery was 40 C (105 F) when i checked over CPU-Z app. I charged it fine again just now. It was just once. Btw device is 4 days old. I didnt cycle it when i got it, i just use it regular.
 
joeyvanhummel
Old
#4  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 69
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arnhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch View Post
I think it was uper part and battery was 40 C (105 F) when i checked over CPU-Z app. I charged it fine again just now. It was just once. Btw device is 4 days old. I didnt cycle it when i got it, i just use it regular.
Alright then, I'm glad it's ok again!
Embedded Systems Engineering student
 
5ch
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 24
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nis
Thank you for helping, u gave me some useful info.
 
joeyvanhummel
Old
#6  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 69
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arnhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch View Post
Thank you for helping, u gave me some useful info.
Good to hear
Embedded Systems Engineering student
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more