Any Flex users thinking at all about the S5 or M8?

Search This thread

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I love my curve (Flex) and I know it's way to early to even think about another phone but being the phone junkie I am it's hard not to. Just wondering if any Flex users thought about trying a S5 or M8 when they come out? I doubt I would get another phone but I did get a good deal on my Flex and or have a jump to use so I wouldn't be spending more money. I used a S4 for about a year which is long for me. I'm just not feeling the rehashed design. I liked the HTC One, so I would probably like the M8.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
curious as to what the new HTC phone actually looks like and does, but, as far as any Samsung stuff, no thanks, until they actually come up with something "new", not just continued rehashing of the tired, old Galaxy/note stuff

sweets55

May 25, 2009
As far as the screen size I don't think I care that much between 5in or 6in. I kind of like having a smaller phone in the Spring/Summer time.

I guess one good thing with the Sammy phones and maybe even HTC is development should be good. As of now I'm fine with stock on my Flex but down the road I might want change things up.

I know the #1 thing I would miss with the Flex is the great battery life. As of now LG is top dog with that.

droe411

Nov 11, 2010
Chicago
There are 2 phones I am waiting on, the LG G Pro 2 and the Note 4. Other than that I don't see anything worth getting that excited about. After saying that if I had the opportunity to get an S5 or M8 I wouldn't say no.

imitenotbecrazy

Nov 9, 2011
I'll probably get an s5 and m8 but I'll keep the flex as my main phone. Sucks I'll have to now use a nano adapter for the s5.

sent from the new G Flex

SComp23

Feb 17, 2008
Nope- I will never have a screen under 5.5 inches again.

All New HTC ONE MAX- if that comes out in a reasonable time period, perhaps.

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I may take a look at the M8, not sure about the S5 because I use a Note 3.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

motumbo

Aug 7, 2010
Past year I had: droid dna, one M7, s4, nexus 4, s4 active, note3, gzone commando 4g, anyone of those is not as good as flex, not even closer; M7 battery is crap and screen is dark, nexus 4 looks cheap, note 3 I'll tell you one word: Knox, s4 or s3 who cares. Only two phones I really liked casio one because is tough and flex because is cute, fast, battery last forever, UI is fantastic and everybody ask about it.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Guess some people not to happy with the M8 camera. Always going to be something though. One thing that I didn't care for with the HTC One is the phone isn't as wide as say the s4 or G2. I think the same goes for the M8. I might be over it. Sorry Flex I wasn't going to cheat on you. LoL

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I've been a phone junkie and I can't remember my last bad phone. The HTC Evo 3D was big mistake. lol At times I do miss the compact size of my G2. I like the curved screen but not sure if I will get the Flex 2. I like switching manufactures or at least something different. Maybe even try the iPhone 6 if they ever make the screen bigger.

force70

imo..the only postive the s5 or m8 have over the flex is ext sd card support..the screen is a subjective matter.

If the flex had sd card id have one the day it was released here in canada...as it is it will be hard not to buy one...it has has a totally unique appeal to it.

sent from vacation in the phillipines via i337M galaxy S4

Reactions: sweets55

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
True, but the 32gig has been enough for me to store some compressed movies to watch. So what do people do with phones with 32gig internal and 64gig cards?

force70

True, but the 32gig has been enough for me to store some compressed movies to watch. So what do people do with phones with 32gig internal and 64gig cards?

15gb of pictures
Videos
Music
Nandroids from various roms themed to my liking and even compressed they are 2 or more gb
Various (ok tons) of.mod zips etc.

I like having everything at my fingertips...

My note 3 doesnt have alot of space on it..int or 64gb sd. Going to gonto 128 gv sd card if it will work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    imo..the only postive the s5 or m8 have over the flex is ext sd card support..the screen is a subjective matter.

If the flex had sd card id have one the day it was released here in canada...as it is it will be hard not to buy one...it has has a totally unique appeal to it.

For sure the G-Pro 2 is in my future..

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk 2

The G Pro 2 is really nice. I had the flex before this and kinda miss the curve but the Pro 2 feels lighter and thinner. Close to the g2 build.

Sent from my LG-F350S using xda app-developers app
    If we don't get a boot loader unlock by the time HTC does their retail sales trade in I'll be turning in the flex for an m8. Samsung already told me they're giving me an S5

sent from the new G Flex
    do you work in the business?

Just saw this and yes I am. Decided not to trade in a phone with HTC and just bought it outright through them at an unmentionable discount hahaha

sent from the new G Flex
    What do you miss about the Flex other then the screen. I was going to try Z2 but Sony is screwing up the release and I'm thinking I need a change from LG even though I really like what they are doing. Did you get a decent amount for your Flex. I guess the good thing is that I got $200 off my Flex plus maybe a year free of Netflix. haha I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my Flex just yet though. A recovery and Roms would be nice but not sure when that's going to happen.

to be completely honest the m8 was good radio was nice i had to return it because the flex is a huge screen plus its still a great phone..