Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 45,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warranty lol...

Tip us?

Anonymous777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I sent in a phone for a warranty replacement and I left the ROM on it and everything and I got mine replaced. Most refurbished phones are ones that someone owned for a couple days and returned it for whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

rans0m00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
Wish I could cycle or walk more. Put on 20 pounds since I stopped all exercise since December. Shame on me.

Cycling for me is my mental free time. I like free time.

Limeybastard
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I need mental piece of mind. Trust.

rans0m00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Guess this means I got a new one? the bag they sent me to return the device isnt big enough for charger cable etc.. Guess I will call them and ask... not feeling paying extra just because I didn't return the new charger they sent me. I do have the slight urge to do some drop tests with my phone that is going back as a warranty exchange.... I wont but am curious.

CravingMender9
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rans0m00 View Post
Guess this means I got a new one? the bag they sent me to return the device isnt big enough for charger cable etc.. Guess I will call them and ask... not feeling paying extra just because I didn't return the new charger they sent me. I do have the slight urge to do some drop tests with my phone that is going back as a warranty exchange.... I wont but am curious.
Yes, looks like you got a new one. When I got mine, it was refurbished, and NOT in a Samsung box. rather, it was a box from the insurance company.

Congrats
Note 3, You Beast

rans0m00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulisola View Post
Yes, looks like you got a new one. When I got mine, it was refurbished, and NOT in a Samsung box. rather, it was a box from the insurance company.

Congrats
Thank you for the info. Now to just charge it up and check the multitouch and of course root and get to flashing. Really hoping I can just take my backup of my old Note3 and use it in my new Note3. Then TiBu the apps. Time is seriously short about to take a road trip from the Midwest to NY and the unlimited tethering among other things is a slight need. Side note... loving X-Note.

Limeybastard
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by rans0m00 View Post
Thank you for the info. Now to just charge it up and check the multitouch and of course root and get to flashing. Really hoping I can just take my backup of my old Note3 and use it in my new Note3. Then TiBu the apps. Time is seriously short about to take a road trip from the Midwest to NY and the unlimited tethering among other things is a slight need. Side note... loving X-Note.
I told you , you would get a new one. Lucky git!

rans0m00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
I told you , you would get a new one. Lucky git!
Yep I'm not complaining. This one after testing basic functioning has a screen protector on it with a case. Just went with the tech21 for both because they were there.

And yes I restored the backup from my previous note3 to the new one and no hiccups. Took like 15 minutes from root to just like the other.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk