True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more
Post Reply

What us custom recovery

OP thahim

25th March 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
thahim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 148
 
1,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
I rooted my phone few days ago and its working flawlessly.
I want to know what is custom recovery and do I need it.
If so how can I install it?

Sorry for spelling in title
Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
Last edited by thahim; 25th March 2014 at 07:02 AM.
25th March 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #2  
fahadali2315's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 5,909
 
2,962 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

I rooted my phone few days ago and its working flawlessly.
I want to know what is custom recovery and do I need it.
If so how can I install it?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

Custom Recovery is used for making backups of your system , flashing new roms. Its more like an installer.
I like Twrp recovery.
CWM and twrp are the ones you can go for.
Just flash .tar file of the respective recovery through odin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #3  
thahim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 148
 
1,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadali2315

Custom Recovery is used for making backups of your system , flashing new roms. Its more like an installer.
I like Twrp recovery.
CWM and twrp are the ones you can go for.
Just flash .tar file of the respective recovery through odin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Can you tell me, Why do we need to backup our phone whats the benifit?
Is there any risk if I dont have a cwm?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
25th March 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #4  
fahadali2315's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 5,909
 
2,962 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Can you tell me, Why do we need to backup our phone whats the benifit?
Is there any risk if I dont have a cwm?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

you cannot flash any custom rom without one , and benefit is that if something goes wrong with your custom rom you restore your backup. to go to your original firmware.
25th March 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #5  
thahim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 148
 
1,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadali2315

you cannot flash any custom rom without one , and benefit is that if something goes wrong with your custom rom you restore your backup. to go to your original firmware.

So its only for custom roms?
I have rooted my stock rom


If I dont flash a custom rom so I dont need to have cwm yeah?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
25th March 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #6  
fahadali2315's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 5,909
 
2,962 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

So its only for custom roms?
I have rooted my stock rom


If I dont flash a custom rom so I dont need to have cwm yeah?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

Yes you dont need recovery if you dont want custom roms

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fahadali2315 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #7  
thahim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 148
 
1,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadali2315

Yes you dont need recovery if you dont want custom roms

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Alright thanks for helping me out I thought I i'm on risk after rooting my phone. 😞

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes