Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[TOOL][BOOT SCRIPTS] bse

24th March 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 76

480 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky310711

init.d triggered through the rom not the kernel, and it supports python scripts aswell

Hi
I didn't understand this answer...
This solution also relies on init.d. Apart from python interpreting, what's the thing that makes it more robust aganist init.d scripts?
If a Rom (it's kernel) does not or only via 3rd part apps supports init.d, there could be problems the same.
24th March 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,292

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publiuss

Hi
I didn't understand this answer...
This solution also relies on init.d. Apart from python interpreting, what's the thing that makes it more robust aganist init.d scripts?
If a Rom (it's kernel) does not or only via 3rd part apps supports init.d, there could be problems the same.

what do you mean?
this doesnt rely on init.d, it is init.d.
this makes your device run init.d scripts WITHOUT the need to modify the kernel unlike some previous methods... but the scripts are called from /system/etc/startup/
the python script support is a featured currently in progress(from what i read)
24th March 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #13  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,121

1,016 posts
More
Quote:

what do you mean?
this makes your device run init.d scripts WITHOUT the need to modify the kernel unlike some previous methods... but the scripts are called from /system/etc/startup/

It does rely on init.d to call the "bse" binary, but I'm looking for an alternative method.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 76

480 posts
Quote:

what do you mean?

Mhhh...
I'm not so expert, but I saw some metods using /etc/install_recovery.sh to call (another script that calls) run-parts to execute all /etc/init.d scripts, don't know if it's a way to make init.d work despite kernel not supporting it...
This one uses init.d itself to call bse executable so... well if init.d is no way supported it won't work?
25th March 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,292

3,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publiuss

Mhhh...
I'm not so expert, but I saw some metods using /etc/install_recovery.sh to call (another script that calls) run-parts to execute all /etc/init.d scripts, don't know if it's a way to make init.d work despite kernel not supporting it...
This one uses init.d itself to call bse executable so... well if init.d is no way supported it won't work?

justarchi has an init.d method where he calls the scripts from debuggerd!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread