Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL][BOOT SCRIPTS] bse

Tip us?

Publiuss
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky310711 View Post
init.d triggered through the rom not the kernel, and it supports python scripts aswell
Hi
I didn't understand this answer...
This solution also relies on init.d. Apart from python interpreting, what's the thing that makes it more robust aganist init.d scripts?
If a Rom (it's kernel) does not or only via 3rd part apps supports init.d, there could be problems the same.

Ricky Divjakovski
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publiuss View Post
Hi
I didn't understand this answer...
This solution also relies on init.d. Apart from python interpreting, what's the thing that makes it more robust aganist init.d scripts?
If a Rom (it's kernel) does not or only via 3rd part apps supports init.d, there could be problems the same.
what do you mean?
this doesnt rely on init.d, it is init.d.
this makes your device run init.d scripts WITHOUT the need to modify the kernel unlike some previous methods... but the scripts are called from /system/etc/startup/
the python script support is a featured currently in progress(from what i read)
Like my blog on facebook, add me to your circles, follow me on twitter or donate to me with paypal

r3pwn
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,093
Quote:
what do you mean?
this makes your device run init.d scripts WITHOUT the need to modify the kernel unlike some previous methods... but the scripts are called from /system/etc/startup/
It does rely on init.d to call the "bse" binary, but I'm looking for an alternative method.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Need help?
Hit me up on Twitter or Google+ or, you know, just send me a PM.

My Reddit:
r3pwn-dev

Like what I do?
Feel free to donate to my PayPal

Publiuss
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
what do you mean?
Mhhh...
I'm not so expert, but I saw some metods using /etc/install_recovery.sh to call (another script that calls) run-parts to execute all /etc/init.d scripts, don't know if it's a way to make init.d work despite kernel not supporting it...
This one uses init.d itself to call bse executable so... well if init.d is no way supported it won't work?

Ricky Divjakovski
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publiuss View Post
Mhhh...
I'm not so expert, but I saw some metods using /etc/install_recovery.sh to call (another script that calls) run-parts to execute all /etc/init.d scripts, don't know if it's a way to make init.d work despite kernel not supporting it...
This one uses init.d itself to call bse executable so... well if init.d is no way supported it won't work?
justarchi has an init.d method where he calls the scripts from debuggerd!
Like my blog on facebook, add me to your circles, follow me on twitter or donate to me with paypal