Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOL][BOOT SCRIPTS] bse

OP r3pwn

24th March 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 83

517 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky310711

init.d triggered through the rom not the kernel, and it supports python scripts aswell

Hi
I didn't understand this answer...
This solution also relies on init.d. Apart from python interpreting, what's the thing that makes it more robust aganist init.d scripts?
If a Rom (it's kernel) does not or only via 3rd part apps supports init.d, there could be problems the same.
24th March 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,402

3,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publiuss

Hi
I didn't understand this answer...
This solution also relies on init.d. Apart from python interpreting, what's the thing that makes it more robust aganist init.d scripts?
If a Rom (it's kernel) does not or only via 3rd part apps supports init.d, there could be problems the same.

what do you mean?
this doesnt rely on init.d, it is init.d.
this makes your device run init.d scripts WITHOUT the need to modify the kernel unlike some previous methods... but the scripts are called from /system/etc/startup/
the python script support is a featured currently in progress(from what i read)
24th March 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #13  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,476

1,305 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

what do you mean?
this makes your device run init.d scripts WITHOUT the need to modify the kernel unlike some previous methods... but the scripts are called from /system/etc/startup/

It does rely on init.d to call the "bse" binary, but I'm looking for an alternative method.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 83

517 posts
More
Quote:

what do you mean?

Mhhh...
I'm not so expert, but I saw some metods using /etc/install_recovery.sh to call (another script that calls) run-parts to execute all /etc/init.d scripts, don't know if it's a way to make init.d work despite kernel not supporting it...
This one uses init.d itself to call bse executable so... well if init.d is no way supported it won't work?
25th March 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,402

3,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publiuss

Mhhh...
I'm not so expert, but I saw some metods using /etc/install_recovery.sh to call (another script that calls) run-parts to execute all /etc/init.d scripts, don't know if it's a way to make init.d work despite kernel not supporting it...
This one uses init.d itself to call bse executable so... well if init.d is no way supported it won't work?

justarchi has an init.d method where he calls the scripts from debuggerd!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread