Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] immersive mode

Tip us?

Mohamed_Aly
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] immersive mode

One of the best features of KitKat is the immersive mode.. Where the navigation bar and notifications bar are hidden when not needed.. Like watching videos or playing games or reading pdf etc.....
Well it's working on my phone in watching videos only.. It hides nav bar and notifications bar.. But in games and pdfs it only hides notifications bar and keeps the nav bar.. My question is.. Is that normal, or it's a bug or something?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nokia 3230 > Nokia N73 Music Edition > Samsung S5230 Star > iPhone 3GS > Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 > Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 > Sony Xperia Z C6602 > Sony Xperia Z1 C6903

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 938

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed_Aly View Post
One of the best features of KitKat is the immersive mode.. Where the navigation bar and notifications bar are hidden when not needed.. Like watching videos or playing games or reading pdf etc.....
Well it's working on my phone in watching videos only.. It hides nav bar and notifications bar.. But in games and pdfs it only hides notifications bar and keeps the nav bar.. My question is.. Is that normal, or it's a bug or something?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi,

Not all apps support immersive mode .

If I'm not wrong ezPDF Reader supports immersive mode for PDF reading and Dead Trigger 2 is a game that supports it, my update still didn't arrive so I can't test in my Z1, but on my Nexus 10 those two have immersive mode working .

~Lord

"All I Ever Needed Was A Little Piece of Hope" - World of Fantasy (Helloween)
Sent from my monstrous Xperia Z1