Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Tried replacing screen assembly, new screen broke. What to do?

OP Xura08

25th March 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

192 posts
I tried replacing the screen on my One X and when I hooked it up it seemed to work fine. Once I confirmed the screen/digitizer worked I put the battery in and put it all back together. Then the screen decided not to work and wouldn't display anything but lines and some light. I'm not sure what happened, maybe pushing the assembly into the housing pulled the ribbon out of the phone. I'm not sure.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the XL or X+ but I'm curious, is there a chance my phone is damaged aside from the screen? When I have it plugged into the computer and turned on it isn't detected at all. Also, when I confirmed the screen worked I noticed I had a bootloop, which is odd since it worked fine before. I'm not sure what I did

And no, unfortunately debugging is disabled :/
25th March 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,178

14,942 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xura08

I tried replacing the screen on my One X and when I hooked it up it seemed to work fine. Once I confirmed the screen/digitizer worked I put the battery in and put it all back together. Then the screen decided not to work and wouldn't display anything but lines and some light. I'm not sure what happened, maybe pushing the assembly into the housing pulled the ribbon out of the phone. I'm not sure.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the XL or X+ but I'm curious, is there a chance my phone is damaged aside from the screen? When I have it plugged into the computer and turned on it isn't detected at all. Also, when I confirmed the screen worked I noticed I had a bootloop, which is odd since it worked fine before. I'm not sure what I did

And no, unfortunately debugging is disabled :/

Perhaps you shouldn't have attempted the repair yourself if you don't really know what you're doing. My suggestion would be to take it to a professional and get them to inspect the device. By the way, you're posting in the wrong forum, this is the HTC One XL forum.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread