Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovery for CM11 kitkat

Tip us?

ANDROID-000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default [Q] Recovery for CM11 kitkat

Guys i am new here, i am looking for a recovery to flash kitkat rom. on my previews device i just only need cwm zip then flash for recovery. in there device as i read you need kernel or something before flashing cwm (im not sure sorry. ) my phone galaxy n7000 was new, i need you advice guys and can you guys give me the link for cwm for kitkat. thanks in advance.

treacherous_hawk
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROID-000 View Post
Guys i am new here, i am looking for a recovery to flash kitkat rom. on my previews device i just only need cwm zip then flash for recovery. in there device as i read you need kernel or something before flashing cwm (im not sure sorry. ) my phone galaxy n7000 was new, i need you advice guys and can you guys give me the link for cwm for kitkat. thanks in advance.
If you are on stock rom, flash philz kernel first and reboot to recovery , flash Raw kernel and reboot recovery and flash KK rom with gapps.
The Following User Says Thank You to treacherous_hawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ANDROID-000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk View Post
If you are on stock rom, flash philz kernel first and reboot to recovery , flash Raw kernel and reboot recovery and flash KK rom with gapps.
2 kernel? Is that a permanent recovery?

Flash phils kernel using stock recovery?

Can i flash kk without rooting my phone? Can i ask for the link. Thanks for the reply:thumbup:

treacherous_hawk
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
2 kernel? Is that a permanent recovery?

Flash phils kernel using stock recovery?

Can i flash kk without rooting my phone? Can i ask for the link. Thanks for the reply:thumbup:
Yes permanent recovery.
Yes flash philz kernel in stock recovery. Do the factory reset and wipes in philz recovery. It will root your phone too but only till you flash another rom with or without root.
You can flash omnirom with gapps and don't flash superSU wouldn't have root.
Google for philz kernel n7000 and Raw kernel R4.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to treacherous_hawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ANDROID-000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Thanks a lot bro....:thumbup: I'll just look in development section it is there right?:what::beer:

treacherous_hawk
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Thanks a lot bro....:thumbup: I'll just look in development section it is there right?:what::beer:
I mentioned google, easiest way out.
Philz kernel: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=philz+kernel+n7000
Raw kernel: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=raw+kernel+n7000