[Q] Before flashing a new BTU firmware..

25th March 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
hello Guys,

I would like to know what steps should we take to ensure maximum performance before installing a new official firmware.

I'm about to manually upgrade my galaxy s4 I9505 from jelly bean 4.3 to Kitkat 4.4.2 through Odin and i was just wondering whether or not i should format/erase/factory reset all the data currently the phone before stepping in into the new firmware? Will the new firmware erase the existent one? without the need of format?

I would like to know your expert view on this subject,

many thanks in advance.
25th March 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #2  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogears

hello Guys,

I would like to know what steps should we take to ensure maximum performance before installing a new official firmware.

I'm about to manually upgrade my galaxy s4 I9505 from jelly bean 4.3 to Kitkat 4.4.2 through Odin and i was just wondering whether or not i should format/erase/factory reset all the data currently the phone before stepping in into the new firmware? Will the new firmware erase the existent one? without the need of format?

I would like to know your expert view on this subject,

many thanks in advance.

flashing a Rom via Odin will set all back to stock.

Performing a OTA will keep your data. BUT 4.3 --> 4.4.2 you need a full wipe. As you can read in forum many many times
Samsung's OTAs really su.... a bad word an so on. and there is a good chance to get softbrick or other issues when performing a "dirty" update,

So plase safe all your personal data before.
Last edited by LS.xD; 25th March 2014 at 01:59 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread