5,598,086 Members 41,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CNM Touchpad 9DC Semi Bricked any ideas?

Tip us?

WildManX1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Awesome! Flashing it now.

lonegunman
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Have flashed and all is working, great job, have rooted the sys.img so will upload a full image if need be.

WildManX1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
All packed up using RKwinTools_v132 and flashed to tablet. All working fine.
A rooted image would be brilliant. Thanks for all the help both of you.

Steve

lonegunman
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Am working on a rooted image, problem being the cnm9 system img is done in ext4 not like the 7 or the 10 both of which are done ext2, most windows tools wont work with ext4, any way i have a working 7 img that i just need to tweak before i release it to the wild.

lonegunman
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Right a quick and dirty rom made (ie it works and should be good but it may need tweaking more) get it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/drofhk4o4d...cnm9%20root.7z flash it the normal way as its a full rom, i made it bt adding the kernel and recovery from bigdaddy78 and the rest from the 7dc rom from the cnm site,rooted it, edited the build.prop,removed a few unwanted apks and put the whole lot together, on first start up it may take a bit longer than normal but after that all should be good, enjoy...........

hippytitimus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default mega*co*nz/#!j0wUWKiL!YgjsKgoJs04ky6Md_d2v2DBPspcwFO4IATiifZo QeaE[/QUOTE]

I've just semi bricked my CNM 9dc and used your mega*co*nz/#!u540HIrZ!KNaEd7Op89A0I280NIfgcfWcEQKQrAjyYykpaU6 YPJI and have gone from the white screen and it now boots, but I have no touch screen. As you seem to know about how to sort this out I am hoping you can help me as well. I really need the firmware update before the 4.1 version that is on the CNM site. Any help on how to restore my pad would be a great help and any links to the earlier firmware. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy78 View Post
Hi i dont have the tablet to hand but here's how i got it working again. with much help from here.
it is the original firmware that came with it

1. make a folder and called it recovery
2. in that folder make another called Output.
3. download a tool called ROM_Flash_Tool_137 and put the folder in the recovery folder
4. moved all my .img to the folder called output
5. ran the tool keeping a tick only for the .img i had.

the recovery folder should only have 2 folders in it Flasher_tool and Output

downloads replace the * with . and https://
here is the flasher tool
mega*co*nz/#!u540HIrZ!KNaEd7Op89A0I280NIfgcfWcEQKQrAjyYykpaU6 YPJI

and here are all the .img
mega*co*nz/#!j0wUWKiL!YgjsKgoJs04ky6Md_d2v2DBPspcwFO4IATiifZo QeaE

lonegunman
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Use the file I uploaded to my dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/drofhk4o4d...cnm9%20root.7z

Flash it to you tablet with this bit of software http://www.freak-tab.de/freaktab/Roc..._Tool_v1.7.rar

All should be well.

hippytitimus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks but

That worked thanks except for the auto rotate of rhe screen which wont do anything regardless of how I set it. Any help please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippytitimus View Post
I've just semi bricked my CNM 9dc and used your mega*co*nz/#!u540HIrZ!KNaEd7Op89A0I280NIfgcfWcEQKQrAjyYykpaU6 YPJI and have gone from the white screen and it now boots, but I have no touch screen. As you seem to know about how to sort this out I am hoping you can help me as well. I really need the firmware update before the 4.1 version that is on the CNM site. Any help on how to restore my pad would be a great help and any links to the earlier firmware. thanks.