This isn't really a question but rather a solution to what I had to look for, for a long time.
I have a Dell Laptop and for some reason I couldn't connect my Kindle Fire HD. So after Looking around (for a very long time) I found a way of fixing it.
In my case it would install all drivers except the MTP driver. It would just show me MTP with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark inside.
I did the following to fix it:
1. Open Device Manager
2. Right click "MTP" and press on "Properties"
The "MTP Properties" window should open.
3. Go to the driver tab and press "Update Driver".
4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
5. Press "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
6. Scroll down to "Portable Devices", select it and press "Next".
7. Select "(Standard MTP Device)" for "Manufacturer" and "MTP USB Device" for "Model".
Press "Next" when done.
8. A warning will show up, just press "Yes".
9. It should give you the "Successful" message.
Close all windows and go to "Computer".
10. Your Kindle should now show up on "Computer".
I hope this will help out some of you since this has been a big problem for me for a long time.
Thank you for reading.