Different CPU and rom compatibilities

Search This thread

topjohnwu

Senior Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jan 31, 2012
Taipei
Hello everyone, the HTC M8 will have two different CPUs, MSM8974AC clocked at 2.5 Ghz will be shipped in Asia, while MSM8974AB clocked at 2.3 Ghz will be delivered to other regions.
The question is, since the chips are so similar, will it be possible to have roms compatible to each other??
Any help is highly appreciated :)

Last edited:

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Hello everyone, since the HTC M8 will have two different CPUs, MSM8974AC clocked at 2.5 Ghz will be shipped in Asia, while MSM8974AB clocked at 2.3 Ghz will be delivered to other regions.
The question is, since the chips are so similar, will it be possible to have roms compatible to each other??
the qualcomm drivers are the same for both so rom side should be ok. however kernels will be the problem i think.

Reactions: topjohnwu

topjohnwu

Senior Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jan 31, 2012
Taipei
Although they are providing a better CPU for us in Asia, it's quite a tragic if all developments are not compatible :(
Well if the kernel is the only problem than it might not be so bad.
I WANT FLASHING, CHANGING KERNELS, CUSTOMIZING!!!!!!! ((trolling

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, since the HTC M8 will have two different CPUs, MSM8974AC clocked at 2.5 Ghz will be shipped in Asia, while MSM8974AB clocked at 2.3 Ghz will be delivered to other regions.
    the qualcomm drivers are the same for both so rom side should be ok. however kernels will be the problem i think.