Casio G-Shock GB-6900b now compatible after update

Tip us?

braveally
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Default Casio G-Shock GB-6900b now compatible after update

I received the G-Shock Gb-6900b-1b yesterday as an awesome present from my bro in law. It wasn't linking to the phone until I updated to 4.3. Casio says only the iPhone and Galaxy 4 are officially supported, but everything is fully functional as of the update.

http://www.gshock.com/watches/Classic/GB6900B-1B

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to braveally For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Авель
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Congratulations! Could you post some photos and to tell what exactly gives that synchronisation?
It is too expensive for me in any case. I have had a G Shock watch, I have bought it in german Amazon for about 10-20 Euro, it is looking quite the same. It has an awful quality, despite Casio usually don't do a bull****, but one left button "mode" has fallen, so now I can use this watch only with arrows.
But I think for 180 dollars they do much better watch hehehe))
I just don't understand what gives that synch for such price? Has it geolocation or radiation detector?)

P.S. white watches in your link are fancy

braveally
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Here are some pictures. Keeping it connected is kind if a pain though. Hopefully it improves.
It's pure Bluetooth, allows you to set alarms and find my phone if lost. Not as fancy as the smart watches but much more durable and last a couple years.

The Following User Says Thank You to braveally For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

One Twelve
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveally View Post
Here are some pictures. Keeping it connected is kind if a pain though. Hopefully it improves.
It's pure Bluetooth, allows you to set alarms and find my phone if lost. Not as fancy as the smart watches but much more durable and last a couple years.
Problem with the smart watches is requiring to regularly recharge the battery. In addition to other mobile gadgets now there is a watch to recharge (!)

So how does the battery on the casio manage with bluetooth ?

G-shock is a term Casio has been using for over a couple of decades now.

braveally
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
It's says it will last about two years on its charge before the battery needs replacing. No recharging!

Derpinson
Old
Thanks Meter 2
so what is the function of the bluetooth?
Current device:
Sony Xperia Z1 running AOSB [Beta] 4.4.2

Previous devices:
HTC One (32GB) (sold after 3 months)
iPhone 4 (16GB) (gave it to my mom)
Samsung Corby
LG KS360
Samsung D900
Nokia 3200
Nokia 3310

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 667

DONATE TO ME
My guess is that if it's constantly connected to your phone then the knock on effect will be that both devices will be hit by the usage, unless they've found a way to drip feed the BT and retain battery?

Two years on one charge is pretty epic when you consider it connects via BT.

Perhaps a kinetic type watch which replenishes the juice when you move would be a better innovation.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1

OstrichSak
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
I've got one of these and it works pretty well. You can get alerts for email, sms, facebook, twitter, etc. You can also control the phone from the watch with features such as skip forward/backward on your music player, play/pause, volume up/down etc. The watch even displays track name info and email & SMS sender on the display. The downs are that it's a very large & chunky watch and that's from someone with a large wrist and that the phone's battery is greatly affected by this connection. I carry ZeroLemon spare batteries so to me it's not as big of a deal but to others it may be a deal breaker. Another thing is I had to disable one of the features due to annoyance & something that does need to be addressed by the folks at Casio: Lost connection warning. This is a good idea and in theory is supposed to warn you before you leave your phone somewhere. In practice what it does is annoying alert (tone & vibrate) regularly when your phone is in your pocket next to you and the connection is just dropped. The connection is far less reliable than most bluetooth devices I use and this includes going back several years. Other than that the watch is supposed to last a couple of years on a single battery which the competition couldn't dream of (although old Nokias before smart phones were the same since they had limited features which is a similar comparison) are ultra durable and with a solid price point too. While I hope they add some more features and fixes easily done through app updates the watch itself is pretty solid as expected for a G-Shock.