Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,508 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a super ultra wipe flashable script?

Tip us?

Mystery?
Old
(Last edited by Mystery?; 19th March 2014 at 02:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Exclamation Is there a super ultra wipe flashable script?

My phone's software/kernel/partition (or something like that) is so messed up that my battery life sucks on all roms (even on roms I changed back to after receiving the problem that never had the problem), my phone seems to overheat, and reboots/freezes all the time. Battery stats says nothing really. My battery life is like TWO to THREE times LESS than before I flashed a bunch of ROM and kernels.

So basically I need something flashable that:

- Wipe all RE-BUILDABLE partitions COMPLETELY (and then rebuilds them) and/or gives cleans all partitions
- Formats and cleans everything on the phone (in a way it doesn't break any default features of the phone)
- Fixes any kernel bugs/glitches that retain after flashing other kernels
- Fixes all modem issues (like that flashable modem fix I saw but incorporated with everything above)
- Sets everything to default settings
- COMPLETELY and SAFELY removes Wanam and XPOSED framework out of the phone (I think it is causing me problems)

Basically, I think I broke something and want to completely fix the issue, so I can SUPER clean flash a KitKat rom and not have uncommon issues that the ROM does not have (I'm currently on 4.3)

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1222

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery? View Post
My phone's software/kernel/partition (or something like that) is so messed up that my battery life sucks on all roms (even a rom I changed back to after receiving the problem), my phone seems to overheat, and reboots/freezes all the time. Battery stats says nothing reallu. My battery life is like TWO to THREE times LESS than before I rooted it and flashed a ROM.

- Wipe all RE-BUILDABLE partitions COMPLETELY (and then rebuilds them) and/or gives cleans all partitions
- Formats and cleans everything on the phone (in a way it doesn't break any default features of the phone)
- Fixes any kernel bugs/glitches that retain after flashing
- Fixes all modem issues (like that flashable modem fix I saw but incorporated with everything above)
- COMPLETELY and SAFELY removes Wanam and XPOSED framework out of the phone (I think it is causing me problems)

Basically, I think I broke something and want to completely fix the issue, so I can SUPER clean flash a KitKat rom and not have uncommon issues that the ROM does not have (I'm currently on 4.3)
Use your recovery (twrp being the best one to do this) and wipe everything. back up your internal memory, then remove your sdcard.
boot into recovery and go to wipe menu and click all the options. The wipe will fail on extsdcard but that's because you have removed your sdcard. shut power off, replace your sdcard and boot back into recovery. Flash whatever rom you have on your sdcard. This should fix any problem you have had. If you are still getting overheating bootloops bla bla bla, then this is a phone issue.

Oh and don't do a titanium restore since you don't know what exactly is messing with your phone.

--HTC One (M*8)
--Note 10.1 2k4
-Recovery: TWRP
-ROM: NV M8 RLS2
-ROM: xKat V3.2
-Kernel: ?
-Kernel: Bindroid V3

Blog: MobileEscape.blogspot.com

Retired: Behold, G1, MT Fender, MT3G Slide, Vibrant, N1, HD2 (android-Froyo), Viewsonic G-Tablet, AT&T SE Xperia X10i, Samsung Galaxy Tab; HTC Inspire, HTC Sensation, Droid Charge, MYTOUCH4G , Thunderbolt, Droid DNA (traded), Note 2, HTC Rezound, Note 3 (jumped)

Seannon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Seconded, all opposed? <crickets.wav grasshoppers.wav.bak>...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

BACARDILIMON
Old
Thanks Meter 668
Quote:
My phone's software/kernel/partition (or something like that) is so messed up that my battery life sucks on all roms (even on roms I changed back to after receiving the problem that never had the problem), my phone seems to overheat, and reboots/freezes all the time. Battery stats says nothing really. My battery life is like TWO to THREE times LESS than before I flashed a bunch of ROM and kernels.

- Fixes any kernel bugs/glitches that retain after flashing other kernels

I would go back to stock for 2 days and see what happens.

TWEAKED N3
LG G3 D851 BAD ASS

les_garten
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker View Post
Use your recovery (twrp being the best one to do this) and wipe everything. back up your internal memory, then remove your sdcard.
boot into recovery and go to wipe menu and click all the options. The wipe will fail on extsdcard but that's because you have removed your sdcard. shut power off, replace your sdcard and boot back into recovery. Flash whatever rom you have on your sdcard. This should fix any problem you have had. If you are still getting overheating bootloops bla bla bla, then this is a phone issue.

Oh and don't do a titanium restore since you don't know what exactly is messing with your phone.
Why go thru all the machinations with the extSD card? Why not just uncheck that in wipe options?

How about formatting partitions?
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

SM-900T on AT&T (ViSiON X N3 NB7 N9005)
Galaxy NOTE 10.1 2014 SM-P600

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1222

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Why go thru all the machinations with the extSD card? Why not just uncheck that in wipe options?

How about formatting partitions?
He does not need to format partitions. And when making suggestions, i tend to make sure that i make the process as simple as possible, and with as little wiggle room for error. Remove the Sdcard, there is no room for error. Can wipe something thats not there.

--HTC One (M*8)
--Note 10.1 2k4

Retired: Behold, G1, MT Fender, MT3G Slide, Vibrant, N1, HD2 (android-Froyo), Viewsonic G-Tablet, AT&T SE Xperia X10i, Samsung Galaxy Tab; HTC Inspire, HTC Sensation, Droid Charge, MYTOUCH4G , Thunderbolt, Droid DNA (traded), Note 2, HTC Rezound, Note 3 (jumped)

Mystery?
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
@dragonstalker, I did what you said, I think for the few hours on Darthstalker I was on, I was getting really good battery life
@BACARDILIMON, but when I went to KitKat (stock rom). My battery life became worse than what I had when I made this thread. Da heck?!

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1222

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@dragonstalker, I did what you said, I think for the few hours on Darthstalker I was on, I was getting really good battery life
@BACARDILIMON, but when I went to KitKat (stock rom). My battery life became worse than what I had when I made this thread. Da heck?!
what kernel did you flash with the kit kat rom. And did you make sure that it was a 4.3 compatible kit kat rom?

--HTC One (M*8)
--Note 10.1 2k4

Mystery?
Old
(Last edited by Mystery?; 28th March 2014 at 07:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker View Post
what kernel did you flash with the kit kat rom. And did you make sure that it was a 4.3 compatible kit kat rom?
I flashed to stock through the instructions linked on the Infamous Touchwiz ROM for KitKat. I went to completely stock (with stock kernel) and my battery life got much more worse than before - after changing the settings and whatnot. Flashed Colonel X R13 and boom battery went to 6 hours although not as much as 8 like I used to have in the JB stock ROM days.