Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Scratched my damn screen

Tip us?

AndiF85
Old
Thanks Meter 11
With all the price drops I've seen lately (I'm assuming they are clearing stock for the gg2) would it be worth purchasing another and keeping yours for spares (only if you don't plan on upgrading anytime soon). Could possibly even find a used one for not much more than Samsung is going to charge for a fix. Also saw on here that refurbished ones on ebay are going for 189. 137 for screen, 52 for the rest of the watch...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GoBears
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokestack76 View Post
I agree. I use the stuff for my stove. Works better than auto products for some reason.

Sent via carrier pigeon!
Thanks for the product suggestion. I am definitely going to polish it up and apply a screen protector to hide it. I'm already kind of used to it. I bought it to wear and use, I'm just a little disappointed at how easily it scratches. For the price they charge, they should include a $0.15 screen protector in the package imho.
Remember... Friends don't let friends use iOS.

trader37
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This might be overkill but check out this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=821129

capillonpub
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
Ouch! That looks like it hurts!!!

I did a 10 minute search and couldn't come up with anything either. etradesupply had a listing, but currently out of stock. Maybe you could write an inquiry, or at least set an alert.

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...ass-lens.html#
Hi,

supposing that it will become on stock, do you thing it's easy to replace? is there some guideline for this?
Thanks
Philippe

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 383

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by capillonpub View Post
Hi,

supposing that it will become on stock, do you thing it's easy to replace? is there some guideline for this?
Thanks
Philippe
I believe it's like any regular cellphone glass replacement. You heat up the "crystal" until it's 180 degrees fahrenheit. Try not to fry the watch or band. Then gently work a corner of the glass away from the watch. It will slooooowly separate. Clean any remaining glue residue with rubbing alcohol. Apply strips of adhesive around the perimeter of glass. Press in new crystal and heat to 120 degrees to set the new adhesive.

GoBears
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader37 View Post
This might be overkill but check out this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=821129
Yeah I had seen that post. That's way more work than I'm willing to do lol. After putting a screen protector on it, the scratch isn't as noticeable. I will probably polish it up and apply a good protector and be done with it. I'm pretty rough on wearables so it's just a matter of time until I really smash it anyway. I just love the convenience of not having to pull my N3 out all the time. Hopefully it lasts long enough until I decide if I want the Gear2 or not.

ibuddler
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Just curious. I thought the screen is made of Sapphire glasses. How did you get a scratch like that?

GoBears
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuddler View Post
Just curious. I thought the screen is made of Sapphire glasses. How did you get a scratch like that?
It's only Gorilla and I think the bulkiness of the device makes it a bit more vulnerable to impacts than a normal watch. Then again, I'm not as careful with a watch as I am with my phone. My own fault for not immediately getting a screen protector on it.

ibuddler
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
It's only Gorilla and I think the bulkiness of the device makes it a bit more vulnerable to impacts than a normal watch. Then again, I'm not as careful with a watch as I am with my phone. My own fault for not immediately getting a screen protector on it.
But I read the review it says a supphire. http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...-Review_id3441

Also specs from gsm stated it's supphire.

If it's not, I'm gonna get a screen film too......

GoBears
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuddler View Post
But I read the review it says a supphire. http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...-Review_id3441

Also specs from gsm stated it's supphire.

If it's not, I'm gonna get a screen film too......
To be honest I had read those same reviews which is why I never bothered to get a protector. After like 10 days I noticed some very faint scratching so I ordered a couple protectors. Next thing I know is BAM a huge ass scratch before they arrive in the mail. So whether it is sapphire or not I highly recommend a protector of some sort if you wear it a lot.