Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Scratched my damn screen

OP GoBears

17th March 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 11

60 posts
More
With all the price drops I've seen lately (I'm assuming they are clearing stock for the gg2) would it be worth purchasing another and keeping yours for spares (only if you don't plan on upgrading anytime soon). Could possibly even find a used one for not much more than Samsung is going to charge for a fix. Also saw on here that refurbished ones on ebay are going for 189. 137 for screen, 52 for the rest of the watch...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th March 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokestack76

I agree. I use the stuff for my stove. Works better than auto products for some reason.

Sent via carrier pigeon!

Thanks for the product suggestion. I am definitely going to polish it up and apply a screen protector to hide it. I'm already kind of used to it. I bought it to wear and use, I'm just a little disappointed at how easily it scratches. For the price they charge, they should include a $0.15 screen protector in the package imho.
21st March 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #13  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
This might be overkill but check out this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=821129
23rd March 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 5

47 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

Ouch! That looks like it hurts!!!

I did a 10 minute search and couldn't come up with anything either. etradesupply had a listing, but currently out of stock. Maybe you could write an inquiry, or at least set an alert.

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...ass-lens.html#

Hi,

supposing that it will become on stock, do you thing it's easy to replace? is there some guideline for this?
Thanks
Philippe
23rd March 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #15  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capillonpub

Hi,

supposing that it will become on stock, do you thing it's easy to replace? is there some guideline for this?
Thanks
Philippe

I believe it's like any regular cellphone glass replacement. You heat up the "crystal" until it's 180 degrees fahrenheit. Try not to fry the watch or band. Then gently work a corner of the glass away from the watch. It will slooooowly separate. Clean any remaining glue residue with rubbing alcohol. Apply strips of adhesive around the perimeter of glass. Press in new crystal and heat to 120 degrees to set the new adhesive.
23rd March 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader37

This might be overkill but check out this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=821129

Yeah I had seen that post. That's way more work than I'm willing to do lol. After putting a screen protector on it, the scratch isn't as noticeable. I will probably polish it up and apply a good protector and be done with it. I'm pretty rough on wearables so it's just a matter of time until I really smash it anyway. I just love the convenience of not having to pull my N3 out all the time. Hopefully it lasts long enough until I decide if I want the Gear2 or not.
23rd March 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 122

256 posts
Just curious. I thought the screen is made of Sapphire glasses. How did you get a scratch like that?
24th March 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuddler

Just curious. I thought the screen is made of Sapphire glasses. How did you get a scratch like that?

It's only Gorilla and I think the bulkiness of the device makes it a bit more vulnerable to impacts than a normal watch. Then again, I'm not as careful with a watch as I am with my phone. My own fault for not immediately getting a screen protector on it.
25th March 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 122

256 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears

It's only Gorilla and I think the bulkiness of the device makes it a bit more vulnerable to impacts than a normal watch. Then again, I'm not as careful with a watch as I am with my phone. My own fault for not immediately getting a screen protector on it.

But I read the review it says a supphire. http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...-Review_id3441

Also specs from gsm stated it's supphire.

If it's not, I'm gonna get a screen film too......
25th March 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuddler

But I read the review it says a supphire. http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...-Review_id3441

Also specs from gsm stated it's supphire.

If it's not, I'm gonna get a screen film too......

To be honest I had read those same reviews which is why I never bothered to get a protector. After like 10 days I noticed some very faint scratching so I ordered a couple protectors. Next thing I know is BAM a huge ass scratch before they arrive in the mail. So whether it is sapphire or not I highly recommend a protector of some sort if you wear it a lot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread