5,605,519 Members 46,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera - dust or dead pixel

Tip us?

sturmtruppler
Old
(Last edited by sturmtruppler; 11th February 2014 at 08:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Default Camera - dust or dead pixel

I just updated to .101 and checked the camera app. Suddently I found a black dot on tge left corner. I cleaned the lense, but it's still there.

Is there any way to remove the back of the phone to clear the camera? Or is it possible to test the camera for dead pixcels?

Edit: just checked some pictures I took a few days ago, those were without the black dot. Is it possivle those dots are related to the new firmware?

Xperia ZL, 4.3 Stock (.101), rooted

danieldp1990
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmtruppler View Post
I just updated to .101 and checked the camera app. Suddently I found a black dot on tge left corner. I cleaned the lense, but it's still there.

Is there any way to remove the back of the phone to clear the camera? Or is it possible to test the camera for dead pixcels?

Edit: just checked some pictures I took a few days ago, those were without the black dot. Is it possivle those dots are related to the new firmware?

if that black dot still on the homescreen, menus etc, then its a dead pixel. if its only in the camera App then could be the camera lens.

secfincorp
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmtruppler View Post

did you figure this out i have a similar problem looks like dust particles.

sturmtruppler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by secfincorp View Post
I got a replacement. I send it to repair because of the camera and the ir control problem and got a new one...

kekks
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by secfincorp View Post
How many months old was ur piece and did u get a new one or refurbished.

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app
Rocking kernel by the Master Pengus

My devices..

NK 3310----> 6600----> SE K750i-----> 6630----> N81----> Moto XT502----> LG2x (Current)