XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Qi Wireless Charging for HDX 7"

Tip us?

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhkkid View Post
Is there any bulge in the back of the case, I'm just wondering if its at all noticeable that the qi reciever is stuck on the back whilst it has the case on.
If it's the Origami case you wont' even notice as that has a hard rear shell.

jeffsrawr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhkkid View Post
Is there any bulge in the back of the case, I'm just wondering if its at all noticeable that the qi reciever is stuck on the back whilst it has the case on.
its super thin... like a business card thickness. i sold off my hdx because i got tired of the amazon fire os menu crap on the side. im glad i sold it as now the root is broken with the automatic update. it will be a great device once the bootloader is cracked... thats if it ever is cracked. hdx was fastest tablet i have tried but nexus 7 just has better customization and and overall experience for me.

i just moved the qi charger pad over to the nexus 7 and it works great on it too. (its 2012 version without qi built in)
Ainol Novo 7 Flame - Christian Troy's AOKP LOST ___ HP Touchpad - shumash's 4.2.2 CM10.1 KANG SCHIZOID 2.10 All-in-One
HTC Evo 4G - Strike! Supersonic ___ Viewsonic GTablet - Calkulin+Clemsyn 1.5ghz Froyo Combo
Amazon HDX 7" rooted and Google working SOLD (hated amazon's footprint) ___ Nexus 7 2012 - AOKP nightly and s107ken's mircast wireless display patch

randomhkkid
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsrawr View Post
its super thin... like a business card thickness. i sold off my hdx because i got tired of the amazon fire os menu crap on the side. im glad i sold it as now the root is broken with the automatic update. it will be a great device once the bootloader is cracked... thats if it ever is cracked. hdx was fastest tablet i have tried but nexus 7 just has better customization and and overall experience for me.

i just moved the qi charger pad over to the nexus 7 and it works great on it too. (its 2012 version without qi built in)

The kindle menu really annoyed me aswell, luckily there is a way to remove it. https://plus.google.com/106179306926...ts/3HyS7rVWEp5

The app is called GMD autohide soft keys https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.hidesoftkeys. Also there are various ways to block updates for kindle OS until the new ones are rooted.
HTC ONE Android Revolution HD ElementalX

Galaxy S II AOKP

Nexus 7 Paranoid Android M-Kernel

Kindle HDX 7"

My Blog for reviews. news and general blogging
http://randomhkkid.blogspot.com

schwinn8
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just some further info. I got an iBlason case for our HDX 8.9, and the wireless charger is just a tiny bit out of range to work with the thick-ish case. Too bad, as I can't charge through the case, but the wireless takes priority, so that's staying on. Our old tablet had many issues with the charge port, so keeping the port from getting worn is the bigger priority for me. Thanks again for the idea on getting this to work... I may have to do this with more devices in the future