View Poll Results: Which would you choose and why?
Nexus 5 1 33.33%
HTC One 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] HTC One or Nexus 5

OP Adonisd

25th March 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

72 posts
Donate to Me
If you were to choose, which would you upgrade to from the L9. I am upgrading on the 30th of april and I have been going back and forth between the two phones and it's driving me crazy!!
25th March 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Great White , Michigan
Thanks Meter: 293

723 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonisd

If you were to choose, which would you upgrade to from the L9. I am upgrading on the 30th of april and I have been going back and forth between the two phones and it's driving me crazy!!

I did upgrade to the N5 and gave my wife my L9 lol, Although she's somewhat content with it.
I too was looking at the HTC One line and a couple other phones. I ended up with the N5 be cause it's pure vanilla, a developers phone, Long life of support/updates and It took at the most 5 mins to bootloader unlock, root and flash TWRP. There's so much going on in the N5 thread that its almost impossible to keep up with everything and it literally makes the L9 thread look like a ghost town. There's every ROM and kernel that you could want too. I stayed completely stock on it, except for unlocking the bootloader, rooting and recovery for like a month and then I couldn't resist anymore and had to flash a custom ROM and kernel just the other day.
I've been nothing but impressed with this phone... It's lightning fast and has an awesome screen. Love it!
I know it can be a hard decision but ultimately it's your choice, I recommend researching and comparing them and then deciding what's the best fit for you.
25th March 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

72 posts
Donate to Me
That's my problem. I think I have researched so much. Especially camera wise. Ultrapixel versus mega. Pictures are respectable from both models. The HTC one is out and there aren't that many changes over the old model. Which leads me to believe that the support for the one(m7) will continue. I mean its still a quad core phone. The n5 has a dedicated 18month loyalty agreement from Google so there's that too. User experience..... Blink feed and bloat or pure vanilla.......

I am also hesitant to purchase anything else made by LG....

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Adonisd; 25th March 2014 at 11:45 PM.
26th March 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag Great White , Michigan
Thanks Meter: 293

723 posts
More
This is my first nexus device and the pure vanilla experience is nice. The N5 camera does take pretty good pics for a 8 mp and with the HDDR turned on it's even better.
I definitely hear what your saying about LG, I said the exact same thing especially after my last 2 phones, the L9 and LG Motion... LG just loves to lock down their phone's. At least the motion has Loki. Even though LG co-created the N5, there's no evidence of LG's dirty work at hand here. HTC does make some solid phones though and I've owned 2, the HD7 and the almighty HD2. Both were great phones... I still have the HD7. The one thing that kept me away from HTC was the fact that I'm not a huge fan of HTC sense.
We should probably request to move this thread to the Q&A section too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread