FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[q] rom + knox

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By wireless.tech.expert, Senior Member on 25th March 2014, 09:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I have two questions - hope someone can assist:
1.Do you know a customized ROM with working KNOX?
2. If I will flash Samsung's original ROM, will I have a working KNOX? What about the flag?

Thanks.
 
 
25th March 2014, 09:51 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 417
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless.tech.expert

Hi,

I have two questions - hope someone can assist:
1.Do you know a customized ROM with working KNOX?
2. If I will flash Samsung's original ROM, will I have a working KNOX? What about the flag?

Thanks.

I believe you can still use knox even if the flag is 0x1. What just that means is that the container is not as secure and companies who allow BYOD will not certify it for use in their company. Most custom rom I've come across doesn't have knox.
25th March 2014, 09:54 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thanks.
So - flashing Samsung ROM with ODIN will flag 0x1?
25th March 2014, 09:57 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 417
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless.tech.expert

Thanks.
So - flashing Samsung ROM with ODIN will flag 0x1?

Not really unless knox is already 0x1.
25th March 2014, 09:59 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
The phone is unrooted.
Sorry for asking again - if I understood well, flashing my unrooted phone with Samsung ROM will leave the phone with warranty (cleared flag)?
Thanks again.
25th March 2014, 10:01 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 417
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless.tech.expert

The phone is unrooted.
Sorry for asking again - if I understood well, flashing my unrooted phone with Samsung ROM will leave the phone with warranty (cleared flag)?
Thanks again.

Doesn't your phone already have Samsung rom or you are trying to update to 4.4.2?
25th March 2014, 10:03 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I updated to 4.4.2 (OTA) but have a lot of problems so I want to go back to 4,3.
25th March 2014, 10:05 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 417
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless.tech.expert

I updated to 4.4.2 (OTA) but have a lot of problems so I want to go back to 4,3.

I'm afraid it's not possible to downgrade to 4.3 once you upgrade to 4.4.2 ( for now ). Only the N900W8 can go back and forth between 4.3 and 4.4.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 10:08 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Ohhh. Very bad.
Any case - thank you for your assistance.
The Following User Says Thank You to wireless.tech.expert For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 10:09 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 417
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless.tech.expert

Ohhh. Very bad.
Any case - thank you for your assistance.

You're welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes