Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 Drivers

Tip us?

wiredwrx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default M8 Drivers

Anyone know where I can grab the drivers. I am trying to use Carbon/Helium, and I need to install the drivers. I tried the generic HTC drivers, but control panel/device manager still shows Android Phone and CDC Serial with yellow exclamation points. I contact HTC tech support (what a joke) and the rep told me "The drivers are built into the phone" Uh, what the eff does that mean. The drivers I need are to install onto my computer, not on the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to wiredwrx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matt95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredwrx View Post
Anyone know where I can grab the drivers. I am trying to use Carbon/Helium, and I need to install the drivers. I tried the generic HTC drivers, but control panel/device manager still shows Android Phone and CDC Serial with yellow exclamation points. I contact HTC tech support (what a joke) and the rep told me "The drivers are built into the phone" Uh, what the eff does that mean. The drivers I need are to install onto my computer, not on the phone.
HTC Sync will automatically install those drivers if installed

Donate and support my studies at the MIT University! Unruu HTC RUUs | Setup Android Development Environment on Ubuntu | Decrypt HTC RUUs

wiredwrx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt95 View Post
HTC Sync will automatically install those drivers if installed
Thanks. I will install and try.

skivvies
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
As of this writing, I have confirmed with HTC, over the phone, that most currently available HTC Sync Manager (3.0.52.0) does not include M8 drivers.

If anyone stumbles across them, please let us know.

+1 to OP Carbon/Helium user in need.

Is there a folder on the device where they are located?

matt95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivvies View Post
As of this writing, I have confirmed with HTC, over the phone, that most currently available HTC Sync Manager (3.0.52.0) does not include M8 drivers.

If anyone stumbles across them, please let us know.

+1 to OP Carbon/Helium user in need.

Is there a folder on the device where they are located?
They still have to update the program probably...

Donate and support my studies at the MIT University! Unruu HTC RUUs | Setup Android Development Environment on Ubuntu | Decrypt HTC RUUs

wiredwrx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt95 View Post
They still have to update the program probably...
I download HTC Sync, and it cured my issues. As for Carbon/Helium, I save it to my SD card. Luckily, the M8 includes an SD card slot. Now, what will happen when I install the card into the M8, in terms of formatting and other issues, I will see shortly. I hope that I will just be able to access the backup on my sd card, and restore what needs to be restored. Then, I will wait to see about rooting, so I can get a majority of the bloatware off. But, that might take some time.

I am coming from a Rezound, so this thing kicks butt.