Post Reply

[q] Confused about returning to stock

OP cueballkrill

24th March 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kos

Have u tried with stock recovery? Cause the nandroid has been done with custom one.

Sent from my HTC One X

Sorry for kicking this up again.....

Managed to get the unlock directly from the provider and it still refuses to unlock.....

You mention stock recovery - what is that??? - maybe this is the answer to my problem?

Thank you in advance.
24th March 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #12  
n1kos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 46
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
If you restored a nandroid backup you have a custom recovery like cmw. If u used ruu then u have stock recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to n1kos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,678
 
14,118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
I see in the O.P that your software number is 3.16.110......

3.16 stock recovery :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9661p9d0o...ery%203.16.img
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

I see in the O.P that your software number is 3.16.110......

3.16 stock recovery :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9661p9d0o...ery%203.16.img

So..... this might be the key to unlocking the phone......

I'll give it a try..... errrrr sorry to be a twat but I've forgotten the process. The file you have told me to get is 6.66mb.

What do I do with it?

Sorry in advance, and a virtual drink being sent your way.

Jon
The Following User Says Thank You to cueballkrill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,678
 
14,118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueballkrill

So..... this might be the key to unlocking the phone......

I'll give it a try..... errrrr sorry to be a twat but I've forgotten the process. The file you have told me to get is 6.66mb.

What do I do with it?

Sorry in advance, and a virtual drink being sent your way.

Jon

rename the file to recovery.img and flash it

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache

and thank you very much, its highly appreciated !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

rename the file to recovery.img and flash it

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache

and thank you very much, its highly appreciated !

Totally stumped.

I have absolutely no idea on what I am doing wrong with sim unlocking (never had a problem before ever)

I've returned the phone to stock (as far as I am aware) got the sim code directly from t-mobile/ee and yet the phone still wont unlock the sim.

Is there anything anyone can think of that I have missed (in terms of getting this phone back to 100% stock?) Could it be related to fastboot/cwm should I remove them and relock the phone as well? Will that help?
25th March 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,678
 
14,118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
If you have stock rom, kernel and recovery it should unlock fine. But i have seen many of these reports lately that the phone just don't accept the code.

Maybe going to the carrier shop can help you ?
25th March 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

If you have stock rom, kernel and recovery it should unlock fine. But i have seen many of these reports lately that the phone just don't accept the code.

Maybe going to the carrier shop can help you ?

I'm probably going to end up sending it to t-mobile. However, if they wanted to check they will see that I have fastboot on the phone.... Isn't that a dead give away that the phone has been rooted?
25th March 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,678
 
14,118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
They will always know it's been messed with because the bootloader says relocked (or still unlocked)

But unlocking does not necessarily means no warranty or service.
25th March 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #20  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

They will always know it's been messed with because the bootloader says relocked (or still unlocked)

But unlocking does not necessarily means no warranty or service.

Right.... thanks for all your help.

I guess I will bite the bullet, send it to t-mobile/ee and see what happens.

Thanks for all of your help.

The Following User Says Thank You to cueballkrill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes