Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Desire Z suddenly shut down, cant boot.

Tip us?

EbonHawk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy HTC Desire Z suddenly shut down, cant boot.

Hi, I got a problem with my htc desire z. First, i bought this phone, like week ago, no warranty but 100% working. After few days, i noticed that battery sometimes does not charge, but after moving a cable it was ok, i tried few chargers and i appears to be usb port issue. Few days later i rooted the phone and installed custom rom. Everything was ok, but battery life was horrible - after charging up to 100% phone was up for 4-5 hours with no playing, only sms, calls and some wifi. I flashed another kernel, then yesterday flashed that rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2163579
But today after charging to 100% it shut down after like 4h of no use, chaged to 100% again. I unplugged the phone, run Flappy bird and screen went black. Cant boot, cant boot to recovery. When i plug in to computer, red led blinks and adb finds the device as recovery. Please help me guys I made a backup b4 flashing latest rom so i hope there something i can do.. But maybe its battery dead? Cuz as i said, aprox battery life was 3-5h on every rom, even after recalibration. Hope you can help me.

HTCDreamOn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonHawk View Post
Hi, I got a problem with my htc desire z. First, i bought this phone, like week ago, no warranty but 100% working. After few days, i noticed that battery sometimes does not charge, but after moving a cable it was ok, i tried few chargers and i appears to be usb port issue. Few days later i rooted the phone and installed custom rom. Everything was ok, but battery life was horrible - after charging up to 100% phone was up for 4-5 hours with no playing, only sms, calls and some wifi. I flashed another kernel, then yesterday flashed that rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2163579
But today after charging to 100% it shut down after like 4h of no use, chaged to 100% again. I unplugged the phone, run Flappy bird and screen went black. Cant boot, cant boot to recovery. When i plug in to computer, red led blinks and adb finds the device as recovery. Please help me guys I made a backup b4 flashing latest rom so i hope there something i can do.. But maybe its battery dead? Cuz as i said, aprox battery life was 3-5h on every rom, even after recalibration. Hope you can help me.
Considering it's age, you probably need a new battery. Try an Ankers 1600mAh, it's still going great for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EbonHawk
Old
(Last edited by EbonHawk; 23rd March 2014 at 04:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn View Post
Considering it's age, you probably need a new battery. Try an Ankers 1600mAh, it's still going great for me.
Thanks
I will try getting new batery, but i think there is also problem with inphone microusb port.. cuz battery was loading properly only when i deflected the plug-in.

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2610
The anker battery is awesome and the price has come way down. You can also often find it with an external charger on the cheap through eBay as your USB port sounds cruddy
If you want to replace the port its about $5 so very cheap but it is soldered to logic board and if you aren't comfortable with fine soldering you will need to pay someone to do this, I would guess about $20
But first peek in at it as sometimes you can see a bent terminal and you can bend it back into place with a toothpick but not always
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EbonHawk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much for help.. I bought a new battery and it works