Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to Get Back to Stock on Verizon GS4

Tip us?

spendle
Old
(Last edited by spendle; 22nd March 2014 at 08:09 AM.) Reason: New info, again
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Need to Get Back to Stock on Verizon GS4

So, I need to get back to pure stock, un-everything, however, I have a problem standing in my way:

I have SafeStrap installed (3.62 if I recall correctly), but I had to recover a bad install and now I can't even boot into SafeStrap anymore but the still boots into the Cyanogenmod ROM I installed. I have ME7 installed on my stock partition. Is there anyway I can force the phone to boot into SafeStrap, or boot into my stock partition, or update through Loki?

Edit: So I installed SafeStrap 3.65 and discovered that I recovered my Cyanogenmod install onto my stock ROM partition. Not sure if this is bad or not... :/

Edit 2: Okay... I found my old SD card with my original ME7 backup on it, so I'm back to that. Now I need to uninstall a bad Clockworkmod install because it's preventing me from updating.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by spendle View Post
So, I need to get back to pure stock, un-everything, however, I have a problem standing in my way:

I have SafeStrap installed (3.62 if I recall correctly), but I had to recover a bad install and now I can't even boot into SafeStrap anymore but the still boots into the Cyanogenmod ROM I installed. I have ME7 installed on my stock partition. Is there anyway I can force the phone to boot into SafeStrap, or boot into my stock partition, or update through Loki?

Edit: So I installed SafeStrap 3.65 and discovered that I recovered my Cyanogenmod install onto my stock ROM partition. Not sure if this is bad or not... :/

Edit 2: Okay... I found my old SD card with my original ME7 backup on it, so I'm back to that. Now I need to uninstall a bad Clockworkmod install because it's preventing me from updating.
odin you stock full wipe firmware
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

Marshmellow92
Old
Thanks Meter 23
why did you install cyanogen mod with safestrap? you cannot do that lol.
but anyways. Yes use odin and use stock firmware tar to recover fully to stock.