Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,440 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Just purchased S4, how to root with ucufnb1?

Tip us?

Takimaru85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Just purchased S4, how to root with ucufnb1?

Hello,

Just to say at first, I like the people here at XDA and the developers, my Capitivate lasted and sadly my NAND failed yesterday for my S3. My S3 got softbricked and Odin says NAND Write failed all versions... Trying to revive it but anyways..

I just purchased the AT&T 1337 yesterday, and I noticed many forums about the UCUFNB1, not too happy what I am seeing. Is there a possible root for this version yet? Or is it still in development? I haven't done custom ROM's before, I just stick with stock and just want root accessibility. I have many apps from my S3 that I had backed up with Titanium Backup, but finding that the latest version of kitkat is an issue bums me out.

If there is any help or something of a source, can you point me to the direction? And any input on this stock rom or going to a custom would be great.

Thank you

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,805
I am at work, but wanted to point you--

look in general and/or q&a for nb1/mk2 threads

you will need to go back to mk2 to root, nb1 doesn't have it yet

will need to use safestrap 3.71?

no custom recoveries, no custom kernels
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,333
Start here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49562527

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Takimaru85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks

Thanks rug and JD, that is very helpful. However I am at work too, I'll wait to try after my class tonight. Plus I saw something about the SIM Unlocking on MK2, that would be useful for going overseas. Also, i see many things about the wifi not working on MK2 is that because of the rom?
The Following User Says Thank You to Takimaru85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,805
not sure on the wifi--i have an early phone and not restricted--jd will know--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takimaru85 View Post
Thanks rug and JD, that is very helpful. However I am at work too, I'll wait to try after my class tonight. Plus I saw something about the SIM Unlocking on MK2, that would be useful for going overseas. Also, i see many things about the wifi not working on MK2 is that because of the rom?
Read page 66 of this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51319995 see Dave5777's response

Sent from my Nexus 5