Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 Downgrade

Tip us?

matty491
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question S4 Downgrade

Hi everyone, I currently have a samsung galaxy S4 I9505 phone running android 4.3. I upgraded to 4.3 via Odin not via the inbuilt software update. Im wondering if it is at all possible to downgrade to 4.2.2 because with 4.3 their has been an introduction of a lot of bugs to apps such as Chrome and Spotify. These bugs have since been really getting annoying and the only time I didn't have to deal with them would be when I was running 4.2.2.

Alternatively can anyone tell me if upgrading to android Kitkat for S4 would potentially fix these problems?

Any help will of course be greatly appreciated and even if no help can be given thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Regards
M.Cooper

pdapod
Old
(Last edited by pdapod; 25th March 2014 at 11:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Forget the word Downgrade
this is not possible without problems (and they are many)

DroidX77
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty491 View Post
Hi everyone, I currently have a samsung galaxy S4 I9505 phone running android 4.3. I upgraded to 4.3 via Odin not via the inbuilt software update. Im wondering if it is at all possible to downgrade to 4.2.2 because with 4.3 their has been an introduction of a lot of bugs to apps such as Chrome and Spotify. These bugs have since been really getting annoying and the only time I didn't have to deal with them would be when I was running 4.2.2.

Alternatively can anyone tell me if upgrading to android Kitkat for S4 would potentially fix these problems?

Any help will of course be greatly appreciated and even if no help can be given thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Regards
M.Cooper
No , you can't downgrade!
Waiting Android "L"

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500
ROM: ARROW V15 XXUGNG3

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
ROM: Omni Nightly
Kernel: AGNi CM

Respect!