Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

AT&T G2 Not showing 4.4 update?

OP tyrantsbane

2nd March 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
Just bought this phone and I know that AT&T has rolled out the 4.4 update. According system this is still on 4.2.2. But system update says I am up to date, as does LG pc suite.

How long does the rollout take or am I missing something

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
2nd March 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,673

7,893 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrantsbane

Just bought this phone and I know that AT&T has rolled out the 4.4 update. According system this is still on 4.2.2. But system update says I am up to date, as does LG pc suite.

How long does the rollout take or am I missing something

are you on the Q firmware? if not you need to call AT&T and have them push that and then you should get the kitkat update
2nd March 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
You can always use flash tools to flash the current 4.4.2 build, however you go back to stock

Saves an hour talking to ATT
2nd March 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
Yes most likely you are not getting the Q update and 4.4.2 won't update without it. I flashed/OTA several times now and both times I had to call AT&T to have Q pushed. The other updates push out fine from AT&T though.
3rd March 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
Yeah, not on "q". Well that's annoying. Talking to ATT is like pulling teeth sometimes.

Thanks for the help all

3rd March 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrantsbane

Yeah, not on "q". Well that's annoying. Talking to ATT is like pulling teeth sometimes.

Thanks for the help all

Seems that you really need to call AT&T to get the Q update so that you would be able to update to KK.
3rd March 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #7  
Flag Boyds, MD
Thanks Meter: 18

204 posts
More
I'm on D80010q
I'm on D80010q now but I still cant update KK, it said my phone not registered at the first time i check for update and the next time, it said my phone up to date, when i went to ATT, they said I should have to wait for like 2 weeks....
3rd March 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #8  
New York
Thanks Meter: 921

2,090 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by street.basketball

I'm on D80010q now but I still cant update KK, it said my phone not registered at the first time i check for update and the next time, it said my phone up to date, when i went to ATT, they said I should have to wait for like 2 weeks....

I've seen some say if you bump your time up 24-48 hours and check again, you may get the update.

Sent from my LG-D800
The Following User Says Thank You to Kernel Sanders For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #9  
Flag Boyds, MD
Thanks Meter: 18

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm fdr

I've seen some say if you bump your time up 24-48 hours and check again, you may get the update.

Sent from my LG-D800

i bumped my time up 48h then checked, still not registerd....., I bumped up a month, still not registered.... then i went back current time, now i have to wait for a month for the next time to check update, 766h
26th March 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #10  
Flag Black Hole
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by street.basketball

i bumped my time up 48h then checked, still not registerd....., I bumped up a month, still not registered.... then i went back current time, now i have to wait for a month for the next time to check update, 766h

Better off using a custom ROM, unless of course you prefer the dull stock ROM. KitKat is no better in my eyes, little snapier.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread