Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,606 Members 48,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T G2 Not showing 4.4 update?

Tip us?

tyrantsbane
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default AT&T G2 Not showing 4.4 update?

Just bought this phone and I know that AT&T has rolled out the 4.4 update. According system this is still on 4.2.2. But system update says I am up to date, as does LG pc suite.

How long does the rollout take or am I missing something

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2,659

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrantsbane View Post
Just bought this phone and I know that AT&T has rolled out the 4.4 update. According system this is still on 4.2.2. But system update says I am up to date, as does LG pc suite.

How long does the rollout take or am I missing something

are you on the Q firmware? if not you need to call AT&T and have them push that and then you should get the kitkat update
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.

Rapazzo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You can always use flash tools to flash the current 4.4.2 build, however you go back to stock

Saves an hour talking to ATT

rzracer2
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yes most likely you are not getting the Q update and 4.4.2 won't update without it. I flashed/OTA several times now and both times I had to call AT&T to have Q pushed. The other updates push out fine from AT&T though.

tyrantsbane
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yeah, not on "q". Well that's annoying. Talking to ATT is like pulling teeth sometimes.

Thanks for the help all

GeneGozar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrantsbane View Post
Yeah, not on "q". Well that's annoying. Talking to ATT is like pulling teeth sometimes.

Thanks for the help all

Seems that you really need to call AT&T to get the Q update so that you would be able to update to KK.

street.basketball
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default I'm on D80010q

I'm on D80010q now but I still cant update KK, it said my phone not registered at the first time i check for update and the next time, it said my phone up to date, when i went to ATT, they said I should have to wait for like 2 weeks....

btm fdr
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by street.basketball View Post
I'm on D80010q now but I still cant update KK, it said my phone not registered at the first time i check for update and the next time, it said my phone up to date, when i went to ATT, they said I should have to wait for like 2 weeks....
I've seen some say if you bump your time up 24-48 hours and check again, you may get the update.

Sent from my LG-D800
PHN LG G2
ROM Mahdi
KRN Stock
RCV dr87 TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to btm fdr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

street.basketball
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm fdr View Post
I've seen some say if you bump your time up 24-48 hours and check again, you may get the update.

Sent from my LG-D800
i bumped my time up 48h then checked, still not registerd....., I bumped up a month, still not registered.... then i went back current time, now i have to wait for a month for the next time to check update, 766h

DubSolo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by street.basketball View Post
i bumped my time up 48h then checked, still not registerd....., I bumped up a month, still not registered.... then i went back current time, now i have to wait for a month for the next time to check update, 766h
Better off using a custom ROM, unless of course you prefer the dull stock ROM. KitKat is no better in my eyes, little snapier.