Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trading in S3 on EDGE Program--Question About Root

Tip us?

pettigrew95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Trading in S3 on EDGE Program--Question About Root

Hey guys quick question. I think I am going to be trading my S3 in today to get the new HTC One on the EDGE program. My question is my S3 is rooted and running a custom ROM (CleanROM 8.1). Do I need to un-root and put stock ROM back onto the S3 when handing in the phone through the EDGE program? Thanks!
Verizon HTC One M8 32 GB
64 GB Class 10 Sandisk MicroSD
Rooted and S-Off

Old Phones: Galaxy S3 | Galaxy S2 | HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE | Samsung Fascinate | HTC Sensation | LG G2x | HTC MyTouch 3G Slide | HTC MyTouch 3G | HTC G1

kittysomerville
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettigrew95 View Post
Hey guys quick question. I think I am going to be trading my S3 in today to get the new HTC One on the EDGE program. My question is my S3 is rooted and running a custom ROM (CleanROM 8.1). Do I need to un-root and put stock ROM back onto the S3 when handing in the phone through the EDGE program? Thanks!
I'd love to see an answer to this question myself. I was going to do the same thing. The only difference is I have the stock ROM just rooted.

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 199
To be on the safe side and not get a called later on by vzw. I suggest to Unroot and put stock image on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
AWESOME POSSOM
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedillutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pettigrew95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions View Post
To be on the safe side and not get a called later on by vzw. I suggest to Unroot and put stock image on.

Thanks...If they did call you what would they say and would there be any repercussions? I didn't give them my S3, I had an old HTC Rhyme lying around (my girlfriends old phone) lol...It was rooted as well but stock ROM. I was to lazy to un-root it so I gave it to them rooted. I wonder what Verizon even does with phones traded in through EDGE?
Verizon HTC One M8 32 GB
Rooted and S-Off

Old Phones: Galaxy S3 | Galaxy S2 | HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE | Samsung Fascinate | HTC Sensation | LG G2x | HTC MyTouch 3G Slide | HTC MyTouch 3G | HTC G1

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Thanks...If they did call you what would they say and would there be any repercussions? I didn't give them my S3, I had an old HTC Rhyme lying around (my girlfriends old phone) lol...It was rooted as well but stock ROM. I was to lazy to un-root it so I gave it to them rooted. I wonder what Verizon even does with phones traded in through EDGE?
Worse case give it back to you. Since i haven't read about edge cant tell u wat is ACCEPTABLE and wats not. Depending hows the quality of the fone they probably fix them recertified them. Resell as use or us as replacement wen ppl have a warranty claim.

AWESOME POSSOM

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 541
Quote:
Does VZW offer anything for the S3? If not and it's unlocked the dev community and a ton of members would love to get there hands on one

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - SOKP/MOAR
SGT2 7.0 - Mokee OS 4.4.2/SOKP

pettigrew95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue View Post
Does VZW offer anything for the S3? If not and it's unlocked the dev community and a ton of members would love to get there hands on one

I think they offer like 55 bucks
Verizon HTC One M8 32 GB
Rooted and S-Off

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 541
Quote:
I think they offer like 55 bucks
Nice. You could easily sell it on swappa for more

VZW S3 - SOKP/MOAR
SGT2 7.0 - Mokee OS 4.4.2/SOKP