Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Trading in S3 on EDGE Program--Question About Root

OP pettigrew95

25th March 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 68

1,122 posts
More
Hey guys quick question. I think I am going to be trading my S3 in today to get the new HTC One on the EDGE program. My question is my S3 is rooted and running a custom ROM (CleanROM 8.1). Do I need to un-root and put stock ROM back onto the S3 when handing in the phone through the EDGE program? Thanks!
26th March 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettigrew95

Hey guys quick question. I think I am going to be trading my S3 in today to get the new HTC One on the EDGE program. My question is my S3 is rooted and running a custom ROM (CleanROM 8.1). Do I need to un-root and put stock ROM back onto the S3 when handing in the phone through the EDGE program? Thanks!

I'd love to see an answer to this question myself. I was going to do the same thing. The only difference is I have the stock ROM just rooted.
26th March 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #3  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 263

2,252 posts
More
To be on the safe side and not get a called later on by vzw. I suggest to Unroot and put stock image on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to twistedillutions For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

1,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

To be on the safe side and not get a called later on by vzw. I suggest to Unroot and put stock image on.

Thanks...If they did call you what would they say and would there be any repercussions? I didn't give them my S3, I had an old HTC Rhyme lying around (my girlfriends old phone) lol...It was rooted as well but stock ROM. I was to lazy to un-root it so I gave it to them rooted. I wonder what Verizon even does with phones traded in through EDGE?
26th March 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #5  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 263

2,252 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks...If they did call you what would they say and would there be any repercussions? I didn't give them my S3, I had an old HTC Rhyme lying around (my girlfriends old phone) lol...It was rooted as well but stock ROM. I was to lazy to un-root it so I gave it to them rooted. I wonder what Verizon even does with phones traded in through EDGE?

Worse case give it back to you. Since i haven't read about edge cant tell u wat is ACCEPTABLE and wats not. Depending hows the quality of the fone they probably fix them recertified them. Resell as use or us as replacement wen ppl have a warranty claim.

26th March 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 810

4,196 posts
More
Quote:

Does VZW offer anything for the S3? If not and it's unlocked the dev community and a ton of members would love to get there hands on one

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
26th March 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

1,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

Does VZW offer anything for the S3? If not and it's unlocked the dev community and a ton of members would love to get there hands on one

I think they offer like 55 bucks
26th March 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 810

4,196 posts
More
Quote:

I think they offer like 55 bucks

Nice. You could easily sell it on swappa for more

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread