XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4g LTE phone calls experience need opinion

Tip us?

kingrichards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default 4g LTE phone calls experience need opinion

Hello can anyone please share your experience specifically on the calling and the texting features ?
Maybe even make a video? No one seem to talk about this at all?
Yes I switched from Android to Win Mo 6.5 HD2 I actually use my HD2 for my penny stock pick and make money. About to flash it tho.

kingrichards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrichards View Post
Hello can anyone please share your experience specifically on the calling and the texting features ?
Maybe even make a video? No one seem to talk about this at all?
Wow no one here have courage? To try this? Lol

C'mon guys pop that SIM card in there and share the experience!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I switched from Android to Win Mo 6.5 HD2 I actually use my HD2 for my penny stock pick and make money. About to flash it tho.

Adam.S
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would like no know this too as I just got the 4G LTE and text messaging works flawlessly, except phone calls as it gives me busy signal on all calls that are made. Don't know what's wrong. The sim card is activated and everything works as it should. Except phone calls..

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.S View Post
I would like no know this too as I just got the 4G LTE and text messaging works flawlessly, except phone calls as it gives me busy signal on all calls that are made. Don't know what's wrong. The sim card is activated and everything works as it should. Except phone calls..
There's really not a lot to talk about. The SM-P601/5 are just giant phones. Anything a N3 can do, they can do. Dialers and MMS/SMS are pretty much the same on every phone and the SM-P601/5 are no exception.

Here's a screen shot...

P.S. - In order to use the voice and messaging features the SM-P601/5 have to be provisioned by your carrier as "phones." Tablet-specific data plans don't support calls or MMS even though the device is capable.

kingrichards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I was waiting for a response and didn't get anyone to chime in so I finally got my note 10.1 p605 so here goes yes you need to get a sim with voice and data plan it will work. I'm currently using it as my phone at the moment and it rocks!

natosports
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the SM-P605 4G LTE and I couldn't figure out how to make phone calls on this device. Can you help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrichards View Post
I was waiting for a response and didn't get anyone to chime in so I finally got my note 10.1 p605 so here goes yes you need to get a sim with voice and data plan it will work. I'm currently using it as my phone at the moment and it rocks!

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by natosports View Post
I have the SM-P605 4G LTE and I couldn't figure out how to make phone calls on this device. Can you help?
Is your SM-P605 from a carrier or Samsung? The U.S. carriers and possibly some others disable voice and MMS and always have in the tablets they offer. If you don't see the Dialer and Messaging apps when you look in the app drawer I'm guessing they've been disabled in whatever version of SM-P605 you have. If you see them and can't use them that means the SIM you're using probably doesn't support voice and MMS. They're either there out-of-the-box or they aren't. If they aren't there's not a lot you can do about it.

natosports
Old
Thanks Meter 1
BarryH,

I got mine from the Verizon store. I downloaded a Dialer app from Google Play and tried to make a call, but still no go. The app brought up a Dialer, but when I punch in a telephone number, and press Send, it just beeps and does nothing. The Sim card was from my 4G LTE phone. I swapped it over.

I was, however, able to make calls using Google Voice & Groove IP. But man, I would just love to be able to make calls just like a phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Is your SM-P605 from a carrier or Samsung? The U.S. carriers and possibly some others disable voice and MMS and always have in the tablets they offer. If you don't see the Dialer and Messaging apps when you look in the app drawer I'm guessing they've been disabled in whatever version of SM-P605 you have. If you see them and can't use them that means the SIM you're using probably doesn't support voice and MMS. They're either there out-of-the-box or they aren't. If they aren't there's not a lot you can do about it.