Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Safestrap for Tmobile Galaxy S4?

26th March 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 22

40 posts
Only if you flash a custom recovery or rom then yes you get 0x1

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
26th March 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0

134 posts
More
So what do you do to your phone so far
26th March 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #13  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 202

486 posts
Donate to Me
More
I never upgraded to the full 4.3 firmware, so I'm free to flash any ROM and GSM modem as long as I don't flash the 4.3 or 4.4 LTE modems. Those LTE modems are tied to KNOX and render your phone basically useless if you don't flash the full firmware. But, even if you do flash the full firmware with KNOX, you can still root and flash recovery. The consequence is that the KNOX counter will be tripped and Samsung or T-Mobile will take note of this if the device is ever returned for repair or replacement because tripping KNOX voids your warranty.

KNOX doesn't prevent root or lock your bootloader. Because I never upgraded to KNOX enabled firmware, I can still send my device back at no cost to myself for a warranty claim if I ever need to do so.
26th March 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 22

40 posts
I installed six axis controller app to play GTA San Andreas with my PS3 controller, install Xposed to do some modding on my phone

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread