Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 47,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows 8.1 connection issue

Tip us?

DasGav
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Windows 8.1 connection issue

Hello everyone.
I am having issues with my Note being detected by my PC, I have installed Kies 3 and when the Note is connected the connection process starts but fails ( I tried using camera mode instead of MTP and Kies says It must be MTP so something is connecting), Also the device is detected in the device manager of the PC and the Note itself says its connected by USB 3.0.
I have updated, un-installed re-installed, all the drivers and Kies. I have also used a standar USB 2 cable and most of the ports on my PC.

Does anyone know what's going on? could it be a USB 3 issue with Windows?

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Gav

nvan7891
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I've been having consistent issues connecting with the tablet through adb, on both linux (2 separate installs), and windows 8.1. Sometimes it just will not detect it. It gets detected as mtp storage fine, but adb devices returns nothing. Ill triple check all the relevant settings, make sure the computer has been authorized by the tablet etc. It will literally work just fine, and then 10 minutes later without even disconnecting the cable to using the tablet, it will no longer be detectable by adb.

I'm hoping it's just bugs in the release firmware that haven't been ironed out yet, and will disappear with future upgrades or with the flashing of a custom rom.

I've also had it refuse to charge through my laptops USB ports, even the special "faster charging" port.
The Following User Says Thank You to nvan7891 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DasGav
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It turns out my issue was the unit itself I took it back to JB-HiFi and the staff checked it out and it wouldn't connect to any of their PCs, we tried the Demo unit and it worked fine, So i exchanged it and it works perfectly..

Thanks for your reply though

Cheers
Gav