OP xchan21

26th March 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cybertron
Thanks Meter: 429

331 posts
More
Guys please help

My HTC One max cannot connect on the WIFI at my home after I updated to 4.4.2. At first I can connect when I was on 4.3 then I update it and successfully installed. The problem turned out when I reset my phone and suddenly I cannot connect to my WIFI anymore, on my office it can connect and only in my house cannot. Any idea how it can be fixed?

Appreciate and thanks in advance for the help.
Last edited by xchan21; 26th March 2014 at 07:26 AM.
26th March 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 642

1,984 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try this - http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...i-htc-one.html
Quote:

1. Open Settings panel and click on the "Wi-Fi" tile
  2. Tap on the "3 dots" menu in the upper right corner
  3. From the list select "Wi-Fi Direct"
  4. You will now see that your device is called "Android_ed2c". Tap on the "3 dots" menu in the upper right corner
  5. From the list select "Rename device"
  6. Replace the "Android_ed2c" with the "HTC One" text and hit "OK" button
  7. Done!

The Following User Says Thank You to pradeepvizz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cybertron

331 posts
More
Thanks for your quick response and actually I already tried that trick but it wont help. I also tried to wipe cache on the recovery but still wont help.

Is there any other possible way?
26th March 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchan21

Thanks for your quick response and actually I already tried that trick but it wont help. I also tried to wipe cache on the recovery but still wont help.

Is there any other possible way?

HTC one max got kit kat? what is your service ?
26th March 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cybertron

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblgy

HTC one max got kit kat? what is your service ?

Dubai, U.A.E - Etisalat
26th March 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
Quote:

Dubai, U.A.E - Etisalat

okay so yours is a international .. in the us still waiting on kitkat to be released
26th March 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dubai

1,984 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Dubai, U.A.E - Etisalat

Hey mate, i remember you now! is your the j15 CID unit? we just got the update 2 days ago.. i thought this software had all the wifi issues fixed!

can you let me know your wifi config at home? i might suggest that you could try changing the wifi config in your home router at-least as a temporary fix.
27th March 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cybertron

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz

Hey mate, i remember you now! is your the j15 CID unit? we just got the update 2 days ago.. i thought this software had all the wifi issues fixed!

can you let me know your wifi config at home? i might suggest that you could try changing the wifi config in your home router at-least as a temporary fix.

yes dude we have been forum mates since our last device which is HOX+, and you're from dubai too right? anyway my Onemax is still stock and got update last 2 days ago, my hboot was been updated already and now in 4.4.2.

I can connect thru wifi on my office but in my home cannot. I been using an Etisalat Router WPA.

Actually I dont have idea to config it since it was not mine and we are just sharing by my flatmate. If ever I will root this and install custom ROM, possible to fix this problem? what ROM can you recommend running on 2.49 hboot.

Dude thank you so much actually since my last HTC butterfly i already stop rooting because i got so very busy now on my work, need also to review the rooting / s-off techniques nowadays.

Thank and Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to xchan21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #9  
Flag Dubai

1,984 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yes dude we have been forum mates since our last device which is HOX+, and you're from dubai too right? anyway my Onemax is still stock and got update last 2 days ago, my hboot was been updated already and now in 4.4.2.

I can connect thru wifi on my office but in my home cannot. I been using an Etisalat Router WPA.

Actually I dont have idea to config it since it was not mine and we are just sharing by my flatmate. If ever I will root this and install custom ROM, possible to fix this problem? what ROM can you recommend running on 2.49 hboot.

Dude thank you so much actually since my last HTC butterfly i already stop rooting because i got so very busy now on my work, need also to review the rooting / s-off techniques nowadays.

Thank and Regards

ha ha yeah, thats me in the HOX+ forums lol.

oh mate, you should have s-offed before the update.. we don't have an s-off for hboot 2.49. well i think we don't have a solution for this thing with custom ROM's. been a bug somewhere, the best solution is to re-configure your router.

we ill do this mate, get in touch with me (PM/skype) over the weekend and i ill try to help you reconfigure your router while maintaining the backward compatibility of WPA so your roomy will not have a problem

the weird thing though is that i too the Etisalat router and it seems to work fine
27th March 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cybertron

331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz

ha ha yeah, thats me in the HOX+ forums lol.

oh mate, you should have s-offed before the update.. we don't have an s-off for hboot 2.49. well i think we don't have a solution for this thing with custom ROM's. been a bug somewhere, the best solution is to re-configure your router.

we ill do this mate, get in touch with me (PM/skype) over the weekend and i ill try to help you reconfigure your router while maintaining the backward compatibility of WPA so your roomy will not have a problem

the weird thing though is that i too the Etisalat router and it seems to work fine

very much appreciated dude, i dont know if htc will still release for the fix on this issue. i am now interested to root in even s-on will be fine as long i can install custom rom. if may help me well that would be great. maybe i will just give you a good treat in kfc or pizza hut in return . i will pm you my contact if you are not so busy. Thank you so much dude and i appreciate your help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread