Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ModemStatsService draining battery

OP nikeid

31st January 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
It's been talked about on this forum a few times, but I still don't know the answer.

I have Tesco UK edition and when I check my battery stats, it shows, that 35 % of the batery is used by "screen" (of course) and another 40 % is by ModemStatsService .. the rest is just low % .. but I wonder what this ModemStatsService is, what it does and why it uses my battery more than the screen itself. I can force stop the process, but after few hours it restarts itself again. I wouldnt care about that if it werent using my battery even more than the screen.

Anyone please?
31st January 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 41

181 posts
Have you tried to reset the device? I also have 8GB MotoG from Tesco UK. Havent had any battery drain issues with both 4.3 and 4.4 Tesco ROMs. The first is always Screen.
31st January 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
And what do u mean by reset? Factory reset? I dont want to set everything again you dont have any modemstatsservice process in battery stats? Could it be a process of some app? I have just regular google apps and runkeeper, nova launcher, fruit ninja, czech news app, flashlight, facebook and file explorer
2nd March 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 230

700 posts
More
No one seems to really know what this service does. Can anyone enlighten us as to what it does and how to stop it? It's keeping my phone awake 100%of the time now. Did it come with the 4.4.2 patch? This thread was created before that patch existed.

I've rebooted my phone and the process hasn't restarted. I sure would like to know it's purpose.

Sent from my Moto G
Last edited by mrcorey; 3rd March 2014 at 12:59 AM.
25th March 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag Vitória
Thanks Meter: 151

556 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcorey

No one seems to really know what this service does. Can anyone enlighten us as to what it does and how to stop it? It's keeping my phone awake 100%of the time now. Did it come with the 4.4.2 patch? This thread was created before that patch existed.

I've rebooted my phone and the process hasn't restarted. I sure would like to know it's purpose.

Sent from my Moto G

+1
26th March 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 51

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fndpena

+1

Pure guesswork - but I reckon it's there to keep track of Data usage for the Data usage screen in Settings. It's a Motorola system app. I've never seen it appear in Battery Stats.
Last edited by neu - smurph; 26th March 2014 at 08:36 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread