Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Best Phone of the Year...killed by a poor camera

Tip us?

gaz_0001
Old
(Last edited by gaz_0001; 26th March 2014 at 09:37 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default The Best Phone of the Year...killed by a poor camera

I was really excited to see the spec for the M8.

The spec turned out pretty decent, but the camera.....unbelievable. How can a smart phone be shipped with a poor camera....a flagship smartphone that is.

The Galaxy S5 and the Z2 among others will absolutely kill this phone in sales.
The build of the M8 is beautiful though.....such a huge mistake with this poor choice of camera for the 2nd year running,

gmelchert
Old
Thanks Meter 13
you are missing the point.

mushages
Old
Thanks Meter 378

DONATE TO ME
if you dont have the phone you shouldnt post in here. if you have it and face any problem with the camera you are welcomed. do you think HTC is dumb to create such thing? the desire have 13mp camera if HTC believes that 13MP of desire is better for the one they wouldnt hesitate to apply it to the HTC one too! but this phone with this poor camera you claim won many prices for the best phone of 2013 and now its featured in DUAL camera. this thread should be closed and users who are creating useless threads should be BANNED!!
FiReFlaMe
Previous:HTC HD2 (Leo) {R.I.P}, HTC Butterfly S(Sold)
Current:SE Xperia X1 (HTC Kovsky), HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One M8

Donate or Thank to help me!
The Following User Says Thank You to mushages For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gaz_0001
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmelchert View Post
you are missing the point.
I hope so.

Please elaborate.

Over the past 4 years or so, I have came to very heavily rely on my smartphone camera, i think almost everyone has. Yeah sure I have a great Compact digital camera and also a great DSLR .

But i always have my smartphone with me. The other cameras only get an outing about twice a year!

xsystem1
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz_0001 View Post
I was really excited to see the spec for the M8.

The spec turned out pretty decent, but the camera.....unbelievable. How can a smart phone be shipped with a poor camera....a flagship smartphone that is.

The Galaxy S5 and the Z2 among others will absolutely kill this phone in sales.
The build of the M8 is beautiful though.....such a huge mistake with this poor choice of camera for the 2nd year running,
The camera in m8 does not have optical image stabilization like the m7.

No OIS equals blurry pics unless you walk around with a tripod.

For the moment I am happy with my m7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushages View Post
if you dont have the phone you shouldnt post in here. if you have it and face any problem with the camera you are welcomed. do you think HTC is dumb to create such thing? the desire have 13mp camera if HTC believes that 13MP of desire is better for the one they wouldnt hesitate to apply it to the HTC one too! but this phone with this poor camera you claim won many prices for the best phone of 2013 and now its featured in DUAL camera. this thread should be closed and users who are creating useless threads should be BANNED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz_0001 View Post
I hope so.

Please elaborate.

Over the past 4 years or so, I have came to very heavily rely on my smartphone camera, i think almost everyone has. Yeah sure I have a great Compact digital camera and also a great DSLR .

But i always have my smartphone with me. The other cameras only get an outing about twice a year!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

crachel
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 2545
OP, do you have the phone? Can you provide examples of this poor camera? If so, we'll gladly reopen the thread. Otherwise, conjecture based upon what you've read about the phone isn't really helpful.

Closed

moto x: 4.4 | flo: 4.4

other: Chromecast | Chromebook | System76 | MacBook Air

former: hammerhead | m7 | mako | Kindle Fire | CR-48 | Revue | grouper | maguro | crespo | passion | GT-I9100 | vision | rhodium | kaiser

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crachel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe