[Q] Games performance after 4.4 update?

OP manigma

26th March 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

122 posts
KitKat allows apps/games to use "immersive mode" to keep the navigation and status bars hidden while maintaining user interaction.

1. Did you notice this change after the update. Can you play games like Asphalt 8, Dungeon Hunter 4 in true Full Screen mode now (with status and nav bars hidden)?

2. Any performance drops in Games after the update?

3. What games do you play on your XZU?
26th March 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,847

2,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manigma

KitKat allows apps/games to use "immersive mode" to keep the navigation and status bars hidden while maintaining user interaction.

1. Did you notice this change after the update. Can you play games like Asphalt 8, Dungeon Hunter 4 in true Full Screen mode now (with status and nav bars hidden)?

2. Any performance drops in Games after the update?

3. What games do you play on your XZU?

1. Yes Asphalt 8 runs on Full Screen Mode. Haven't tried others but they should update their apps to do that, not KitKat default behavior (it's just an option so devs need to activate the mode first)
2. Seems the same, some stutter here and there at Asphalt 8 race intro, but in the game it is smooth
3. Asphalt 8, Riptide 2 (not installed yet after KitKat update)
The Following User Says Thank You to hansip87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

1. Yes Asphalt 8 runs on Full Screen Mode. Haven't tried others but they should update their apps to do that, not KitKat default behavior (it's just an option so devs need to activate the mode first)
2. Seems the same, some stutter here and there at Asphalt 8 race intro, but in the game it is smooth
3. Asphalt 8, Riptide 2 (not installed yet after KitKat update)

Thanks. Please post screenshot of Asphalt 8 playing on XZU 4.4. And what about other apps like Web Browser and Whatsapp etc? Are they running in full screen too with nav bar hidden? I guess several apps were updated recently to support this feature.
26th March 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,847

2,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manigma

Thanks. Please post screenshot of Asphalt 8 playing on XZU 4.4. And what about other apps like Web Browser and Whatsapp etc? Are they running in full screen too with nav bar hidden? I guess several apps were updated recently to support this feature.

My phone is charging right now, maybe later. But it is guaranteed to run full screen. Web Browser and Whatsapp doesn't use Immersive Mode AFAIK. Only games or e-book reader that might implement that mode.
26th March 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

My phone is charging right now, maybe later. But it is guaranteed to run full screen. Web Browser and Whatsapp doesn't use Immersive Mode AFAIK. Only games or e-book reader that might implement that mode.

OK, no problem. If there is no performance drop then 4.4 update is MUST for avid gamers. I really disliked the nav bar while playing games. The full immersive mode feature alone is worth the update despite other minor bugs being reported by users.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread