The Best Phone of the Year...killed by a poor camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gaz_0001

Jun 5, 2008
I was really excited to see the spec for the M8.

The spec turned out pretty decent, but the camera.....unbelievable. How can a smart phone be shipped with a poor camera....a flagship smartphone that is.

The Galaxy S5 and the Z2 among others will absolutely kill this phone in sales.
The build of the M8 is beautiful though.....such a huge mistake with this poor choice of camera for the 2nd year running,

Last edited:

mushages

Sep 2, 2009
Muscat
if you dont have the phone you shouldnt post in here. if you have it and face any problem with the camera you are welcomed. do you think HTC is dumb to create such thing? the desire have 13mp camera if HTC believes that 13MP of desire is better for the one they wouldnt hesitate to apply it to the HTC one too! but this phone with this poor camera you claim won many prices for the best phone of 2013 and now its featured in DUAL camera. this thread should be closed and users who are creating useless threads should be BANNED!!

Reactions: Traceamount

gaz_0001

Jun 5, 2008
you are missing the point.

I hope so.

Please elaborate.

Over the past 4 years or so, I have came to very heavily rely on my smartphone camera, i think almost everyone has. Yeah sure I have a great Compact digital camera and also a great DSLR .

But i always have my smartphone with me. The other cameras only get an outing about twice a year!

xsystem1

Feb 27, 2012
Gothenburg
I was really excited to see the spec for the M8.

The spec turned out pretty decent, but the camera.....unbelievable. How can a smart phone be shipped with a poor camera....a flagship smartphone that is.

The Galaxy S5 and the Z2 among others will absolutely kill this phone in sales.
The build of the M8 is beautiful though.....such a huge mistake with this poor choice of camera for the 2nd year running,

The camera in m8 does not have optical image stabilization like the m7.

No OIS equals blurry pics unless you walk around with a tripod.

For the moment I am happy with my m7.

if you dont have the phone you shouldnt post in here. if you have it and face any problem with the camera you are welcomed. do you think HTC is dumb to create such thing? the desire have 13mp camera if HTC believes that 13MP of desire is better for the one they wouldnt hesitate to apply it to the HTC one too! but this phone with this poor camera you claim won many prices for the best phone of 2013 and now its featured in DUAL camera. this thread should be closed and users who are creating useless threads should be BANNED!!

I hope so.

Please elaborate.

Over the past 4 years or so, I have came to very heavily rely on my smartphone camera, i think almost everyone has. Yeah sure I have a great Compact digital camera and also a great DSLR .

But i always have my smartphone with me. The other cameras only get an outing about twice a year!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OP, do you have the phone? Can you provide examples of this poor camera? If so, we'll gladly reopen the thread. Otherwise, conjecture based upon what you've read about the phone isn't really helpful.

Closed