Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging question.

Tip us?

jfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Charging question.

I bought the nexus 10 a few weeks ago. I know it takes a long time to charge. I noticed when charging my galaxy note 2 with 0 lemon battery it is a 9300 mah, when I plugged it into the Samsung charger it charges 20% in 30 minutes so why doesn't the Nexus 10 charge like that when I use my samsung charger and it has a slightly smaller battery. I love the table I just hate the charging time. I did order pogo cable so I am waiting on that.

Joe

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Joe Federsel
Logistics Consultant

NEXUS 7 FIRST GEN 4.4.2 Vanir "Prime is the Man"
Note 2 4.4.2 Slim Kat
Nexus 10 Slim Kat 4.2.2 "wifi is best on jelly bean compared to kitkat for nexus 10"

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Buying the pogo plug was your best and only option to address this issue. No one knows why Google switched from releasing the N10 with a pogo charging cable, at the last minute, which I read a long time ago. I suspect it had something to do with the Android kernel not being able to charge through the pogo connector at the same time as the micro USB connector is being used. It may also be that other Android tablet manufactures resisted this new connection type. To this day the audio/video capabilities of the the pogo connector goes untapped by even custom ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.4] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX

jfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy View Post
Buying the pogo plug was your best and only option to address this issue. No one knows why Google switched from releasing the N10 with a pogo charging cable, at the last minute, which I read a long time ago. I suspect it had something to do with the Android kernel not being able to charge through the pogo connector at the same time as the micro USB connector is being used. It may also be that other Android tablet manufactures resisted this new connection type. To this day the audio/video capabilities of the the pogo connector goes untapped by even custom ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
I don't understand why Google makes a great product but does not have the forsight to address issues that the engineers know of at the time of a tablet release. The pogo charger and a kernel that would let the tablet charge faster would be a huge for them to keep the nexus 10 going longer into production. I don't mind that the tablet only gets 6-7 hours screen time with surfing the web or watching movies and about 10 hours with the cpu throttle back dimmer to 50 percent and wifi off when reading a book. I just hate the charging time, it should just charge faster lol. My Samsung galaxy note 2 charges faster with a bigger battery and that kills me lol it does not make sense.

Thanks for the reply.

Joe
Joe Federsel
Logistics Consultant

NEXUS 7 FIRST GEN 4.4.2 Vanir "Prime is the Man"
Note 2 4.4.2 Slim Kat
Nexus 10 Slim Kat 4.2.2 "wifi is best on jelly bean compared to kitkat for nexus 10"