XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How hard reset ematic funtab 7" FTABCP

Tip us?

ler123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] How hard reset ematic funtab 7" FTABCP

I bought this tablet on ebay for my daughter. But It came password locked and the guy that sold it on ebay does not remember the password.

I have tried multiple ways to boot it into recovery to do a hard reset:

- Volume Down + Power bottom
- Volume Up + Power Bottom
- Reset whole on the back.

BUT no recovery menu. It simply shows the funtab screen logo and then keeps booting up to the "enter password" screen.

There is got to be a way to recover from a forgotten password lock.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

drducttape
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Found it!

I was able to reset my funtab, after hours of searching and messing around with it. Never did find a real solution on the web, I stumbled upon this method just by messing around:

When the device boots up and is on the screen where you swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it, press in the bottom right corner to reveal the time and wifi status. Click on it again, it will reveal a larger menu with settings on the bottom. Click settings, the menu will disappear and it will look like nothing happened. Swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it and VOILA! the setting screen appears before you, scroll down to backup and reset ect. etc. you know the drill. Factory reset!

This may work for other challenging locked devices, let me know if it works for you.

T-

aparicio70
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question como resetear tablet fun tab 7.0

hola amigos como están saludos, quiero decirles que soy nuevo en este foro mi pregunta es que tengo una tablet fun tab 7.0 lo cual mi hija le puso una contraseña de patrón y se le olvido lo cual no podemos usarla si alguien sabe de como desbloquearla se lo agradecería mucho.

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparicio70 View Post
hola amigos como están saludos, quiero decirles que soy nuevo en este foro mi pregunta es que tengo una tablet fun tab 7.0 lo cual mi hija le puso una contraseña de patrón y se le olvido lo cual no podemos usarla si alguien sabe de como desbloquearla se lo agradecería mucho.

No hablo Español.

May be in ENGLISH ?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 Alpha1 + IceCode Kernel v3.3 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - SuperCID - NO "tampered & warning text" // PhilZ CWM 6.19.3

Samsung Galaxy W @ Mokee OS 04/11 + KhaN Kernel v2.0 - 362MB // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

aparicio70
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
No hablo Español.

May be in ENGLISH ?
a you not spoken inglish taks broher

LS.xD
Old
(Last edited by LS.xD; 26th March 2014 at 01:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Just translated it:

hello friends and greetings ,
I want to say to them that I am new in this forum and my question is: I have a tablet fun tab 7.0 which my daughter set a password for and forgot it. Thats why we cannot use it. Does anybody knows about how to unblock it?
I would be very grateful for it.

PLS can anyone translate the solution to Espanol?

"When the device boots up and is on the screen where you swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it, press in the bottom right corner to reveal the time and wifi status. Click on it again, it will reveal a larger menu with settings on the bottom. Click settings, the menu will disappear and it will look like nothing happened. Swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it and VOILA! the setting screen appears before you, scroll down to backup and reset ect. etc. you know the drill. Factory reset!"

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote:
-->

"Cuando el dispositivo arranca y está en la pantalla en la que pasar el dedo por la pantalla para desbloquearlo, presione en la esquina inferior derecha para mostrar la hora y el estado wifi. Haga clic en él de nuevo, se mostrará un menú grande con configuración de la parte inferior. Haga clic en configuración, el menú desaparecerá y se verá. Pase el dedo por la pantalla para desbloquearla y ¡voilá! Aparece la pantalla de ajuste. Desplácese hacia abajo para copias de seguridad y restablecer etcétera."
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 Alpha1 + IceCode Kernel v3.3 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - SuperCID - NO "tampered & warning text" // PhilZ CWM 6.19.3

Samsung Galaxy W @ Mokee OS 04/11 + KhaN Kernel v2.0 - 362MB // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

aparicio70
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Just translated it:

hello friends and greetings ,
I want to say to them that I am new in this forum and my question is: I have a tablet fun tab 7.0 which my daughter set a password for and forgot it. Thats why we cannot use it. Does anybody knows about how to unblock it?
I would be very grateful for it.

PLS can anyone translate the solution to Espanol?

"When the device boots up and is on the screen where you swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it, press in the bottom right corner to reveal the time and wifi status. Click on it again, it will reveal a larger menu with settings on the bottom. Click settings, the menu will disappear and it will look like nothing happened. Swipe your finger across the screen to unlock it and VOILA! the setting screen appears before you, scroll down to backup and reset ect. etc. you know the drill. Factory reset!"

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

-->

"Cuando el dispositivo arranca y está en la pantalla en la que pasar el dedo por la pantalla para desbloquearlo, presione en la esquina inferior derecha para mostrar la hora y el estado wifi. Haga clic en él de nuevo, se mostrará un menú grande con configuración de la parte inferior. Haga clic en configuración, el menú desaparecerá y se verá. Pase el dedo por la pantalla para desbloquearla y ¡voilá! Aparece la pantalla de ajuste. Desplácese hacia abajo para copias de seguridad y restablecer etcétera."
thanks friends
ya lo hice pero no he podido desbloquearla alguien sabe otra manera de como quitar el password de patron?