Ask a question

No registration required

skipsoft rooting hangs at recognizing custom recovery mode

OP fdecker

23rd March 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
I am trying to root my Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 using 4.3. I choose option 5 of skipsoft android utilities to automatically create a custom recovery, root, install utils, etc. It creates the custom recovery with Odin, then says it is going to reboot into recovery. It does, but skipsoft doesn't see it. It seems to be the android recovery. So I choose option 7 to rename the android recovery and it gives that same error. It doesn't see that I am connected in recovery mode.
23rd March 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #2  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdecker

I am trying to root my Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 using 4.3. I choose option 5 of skipsoft android utilities to automatically create a custom recovery, root, install utils, etc. It creates the custom recovery with Odin, then says it is going to reboot into recovery. It does, but skipsoft doesn't see it. It seems to be the android recovery. So I choose option 7 to rename the android recovery and it gives that same error. It doesn't see that I am connected in recovery mode.

Here is a fully working guide including downloadlinks --> Root SIII T-Mobile
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Here is a fully working guide including downloadlinks --> Root SIII T-Mobile

Thanks! Heres is 1000 points (not redeemable for anything sadly ) It seems like even with the same exact phone, the process is different with each new OS release.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread