Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,730 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck loading, but have some access

Tip us?

mgs991099a
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Stuck loading, but have some access

Some background information: I originally had CM10 with TWRP on my 16GB TouchPad. I decided I wanted 4.4 on the TP, so I installed EverVolv on it. Things were working OK up to this point. I booted into WebOS and installed Tailor, changed the partition from 400 to 600 MB (just being careful and all, and things were OK). While in WebOS, I also placed a CM11 nightly on it, the KitKat GApps package, and ClockworkMod, so that when I rebooted, I could go about flashing CM11 on it. This is where things got weird. CWM flashed OK, but I can't get the nightly or the GApps package to flash, nor can I get the TP to mount to USB via CWM or boot into WebOS (It stays at the HP orb, and I've waited over 30 minutes with it there) so I can't get access to it and WebOSDoctor isn't working on my computer (not sure what the problem is there).

Questions: Have I completely screwed this thing up? Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to get it working again?

Thanks!

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 434
In order for anyone to offer help you must be more specific about exactly what ROM were you trying to instal,evervol has 2 different types ie is it a data media build and what is the exact name of the recovery. The more information you can supply the easier it will be to analyse your problem.

mgs991099a
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
In order for anyone to offer help you must be more specific about exactly what ROM were you trying to instal,evervol has 2 different types ie is it a data media build and what is the exact name of the recovery. The more information you can supply the easier it will be to analyse your problem.
It was EverVolv-Tenderloin-Testing-2014.03.24-nodatamedia that I had installed and worked.

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs991099a View Post
It was EverVolv-Tenderloin-Testing-2014.03.24-nodatamedia that I had installed and worked.
So if I understand you correctly you already had the latest evervol non data media ROM installed which was working. Then installed a new recovery and your problems started. Which version did you instal and why?

mgs991099a
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I installed CWM touch 6.0.2.8, then I was going to install CWM 6.0.4.7 so that it would work with CM11. I currently have 6.0.2.8 flashed and can see it when I boot recovery (the only thing I can get into).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
I installed CWM touch 6.0.2.8, then I was going to install CWM 6.0.4.7 so that it would work with CM11. I currently have 6.0.2.8 flashed and can see it when I boot recovery (the only thing I can get into).

This is the recovery I installed for my upgrade from evervol non to the data media version with a clean install that allowed me to find everything, after i resized my partitions.
I hope this helps.

mgs991099a
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unfortunately I can't get to anything but recovery mode for Android. I can't get into WebOS at all, nor can I access the touchpad with my computer (it's not being recognized).

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't get to anything but recovery mode for Android. I can't get into WebOS at all, nor can I access the touchpad with my computer (it's not being recognized).

If you can not access webOS recovery, power + volume up/down in order to remove android and start again I am at a loss as to what to suggest next.

But the best of luck with your endeavours. I will keep my thinking cap on.

mgs991099a
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I can get to moboot and from there choose WebOS recovery, and get the USB symbol, but nothing else. When I plug it into my computer I don't get anything.

mgs991099a
Old
(Last edited by mgs991099a; 27th March 2014 at 06:26 AM.) Reason: Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I was able to uninstall Android using ACMEUninstaller2, so I will try to see if I can get Android back on here... Hopefully I can!

EDIT: Well, I was able to get it uninstalled, but I can only get into the recoveries (either WebOS or Android). I can't get MTP access, so I can't place anything on the TP, nor can I boot into WebOS or Android (Android kicks me back out to moboot, WebOS will sit on the HP orb). Any help is appreciated.

I have also tried to run WebOS Doctor 3.05, and I get the following error:

Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar:
http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar

under Launch File, I get:
<jnlp spec="1.5+" codebase="http://downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/rom/touchpad/p305rod01122012/wd305wifi" href="webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jnlp">
<information>
<title>HP webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 88.86, webOS 3.0.5</title>
<vendor>HP</vendor>
<homepage href="www.hpwebos.com"/>
<description>HP webOS(R) Doctor(tm) Build 88.86, webOS 3.0.5</description>
<icon href="icon.png"/>
<icon kind="splash" href="splash.jpg"/>
<offline-allowed/>
<shortcut online="true">
<desktop/>
</shortcut>
</information>
<update check="timeout" policy="always"/>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.5+"/>
<jar href="webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar"/>
</resources>
<application-desc main-class="com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.Recove ryTool"/>
</jnlp>

and under Exception I get:
java.lang.SecurityException: Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...5hstnhwifi.jar
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.veri fyMainJar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.veri fyMainJar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)