Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 45,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TouchWiz Launcher

Tip us?
 
mattan1999
Old
#1  
mattan1999's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 255
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default TouchWiz Launcher

Hi!
I recently tried to install the S5 launcher. It stopped everytime i tried to launch it. So im trying to get the stock launcher for GT-I9505 again. But it wont install. :'(
Any fix?
Plz help me
 
Albe95
Old
#2  
Albe95's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1512
Posts: 1,005
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Verona (Italy)
Go to the settings and uninstall update on app manager.
 
mattan1999
Old
#3  
mattan1999's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 255
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe95 View Post
Go to the settings and uninstall update on app manager.
Why should i uninstall update?
What does that app do?
 
phil.o
Old
#4  
phil.o's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2316
Posts: 2,130
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Erfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattan1999 View Post
Hi!
I recently tried to install the S5 launcher. It stopped everytime i tried to launch it. So im trying to get the stock launcher for GT-I9505 again. But it wont install. :'(
Any fix?
Plz help me
"It won't install"?
You have to push the SecLauncher3.apk to /system/priv-app, e.g.with root explorer.

Samsung Galaxy S4 √ GT - i9505

 
Quote:
All of you probably know chainfire, right? I just wanted to quote something from him:

"However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance."
The Following User Says Thank You to phil.o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
John_wba
Old
#5  
John_wba's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1000
Posts: 1,294
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Birmingham
People that don't know what they are doing should not mess with there's phones, then open countless threads on here asking for others to put right their mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hit thanks if I have helped.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John_wba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mattan1999
Old
#6  
mattan1999's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 255
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.o View Post
"It won't install"?
You have to push the SecLauncher3.apk to /system/priv-app, e.g.with root explorer.
I've already tried that and rebooted. It doesn't work
 
phil.o
Old
#7  
phil.o's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2316
Posts: 2,130
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Erfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattan1999 View Post
I've already tried that and rebooted. It doesn't work
...and you also set the right permissions (rw-r--r--)?

Samsung Galaxy S4 √ GT - i9505

 
Quote:
All of you probably know chainfire, right? I just wanted to quote something from him:

"However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance."
 
mattan1999
Old
#8  
mattan1999's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 255
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.o View Post
...and you also set the right permissions (rw-r--r--)?
Yep
 
Albe95
Old
#9  
Albe95's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1512
Posts: 1,005
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Verona (Italy)
If you install S5 launcher by apk you can uninstall simply by settings.If you replace file in System folder put the original touchwiz in it.
 
mattan1999
Old
#10  
mattan1999's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 255
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe95 View Post
If you install S5 launcher by apk you can uninstall simply by settings.If you replace file in System folder put the original touchwiz in it.
i installed it as an apk but i can't find it in the settings menu. :/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Count Cells Like a Pro with White Coat Buddy

There are times when we need to use our devices for things other than playing games, checking … more

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more