Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 44,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Begginer help

Tip us?

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8183

DONATE TO ME
Copy the rom to the sdcard. Take out the boot.img nd flash it via fastboot, then make a full wipe in the recovery and install the rom.zip

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2227
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdogdz View Post
@Mr Hofs please tell me, now that i read a bit more about files and all, i start to understand why i could not update with Euro RUUs you found that my device was from asia by readin the x.xx.707.x right? and after looking for my CID which is HTC_044 which i found is for asia WWE too so my device comes from asia. Thanks to youi learned some stuff !

Oh and also is it ok to not have the *TEMPERED* mention on the bootloader ?
This device will never show tempered in bootloader...only in Qualcomm devices from HTC one and newer

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

The Following User Says Thank You to One-M8-Master For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8183

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-X-master View Post
This device will never show tempered in bootloader...only in Qualcomm devices from HTC one and newer

I believe that when the bootloader gets locked with a rom from another cid on it (like he had, because he had to run a ruu) it shows indeed that message in the bootloader

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
I believe that when the bootloader gets locked with a rom from another cid on it (like he had, because he had to run a ruu) it shows indeed that message in the bootloader
A few times mine showed only security error...but never tempered

Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8183

DONATE TO ME
Tampered....ah maybe he mixed that up, but it shows a message at least

I'm also wrong sometimes !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Tampered....ah maybe he mixed that up, but it shows a message at least

I'm also wrong sometimes !!!
Haha no one is perfect but that tempered should be only in Qualcomm devices like HTC one and newer because if we unlock them they show that or another word....and in hox if we take the wrong ruu etc it shows security error

blackdogdz
Old
(Last edited by blackdogdz; 27th March 2014 at 08:57 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Hmm well the most important is that it works, now i still need the wifi fix, i forgot where i found it on the forum, wifi works a little better but still unusable. i'll search for it and install it then i'll report back. i had lots of troubles with facebook app and messenger but now they work u_u
dark things happen under the hood i guess

UPDATE:
After trying ARHD and MaximusHD both gave no results with wifi, it's unusable i have full signal strenght and all but it kinda hangs and it's like there is no internet at all, i'll compare with CM and see if it works better. Everything else is amazingly fast and nice it's really annoying :s.
Oh and i tried static IP, forcing router to G mode, same thing. I guess it won't be realy fixed until HTC decides to work a fix