Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 42,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Greenify now working without ROOT!

Tip us?
 
rpcherrera
Old
#11  
rpcherrera's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 92
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveintore View Post
Totally unusable without rooting.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Mine is working and my Z1 is not rooted, it just ask to force stop the application first, then it will hibernate the app. Check it again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MSK1 View Post
Only useful to stop battery drain if you know u will be without a charger four a long number of hours.

Otherwise more hassle than its worth.

What does the paid version give you? And is it worth it.
Well, if you have any unwanted apps that runs on the background and eats the juice of your battery, greenify will put them to sleep.
 
MSK1
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 197
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcherrera View Post
Well, if you have any unwanted apps that runs on the background and eats the juice of your battery, greenify will put them to sleep.
My point is that it's more hassle to do all the force closing than recharging more frequently.

The only time it's really helpful is if u will be without a charger for a really really long time and you have no choice but to slow down battery drain.
 
Wolfbreak
Old
#13  
Wolfbreak's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5839
Posts: 2,836
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
I have root and Paid Greenify, my Battery is amazing and Paid Version adds nice Features.
 
OCedHrt
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 644
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Jose
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSK1 View Post
Only useful to stop battery drain if you know u will be without a charger four a long number of hours.

Otherwise more hassle than its worth.

What does the paid version give you? And is it worth it.
Paid is awesome - hibernated AND still get push notifications.
 
MSK1
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 197
Join Date: Nov 2012
Best app for saving battery

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Once all apps are force closed by the app... The drain is almost zero.
 
Beautyspin
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 146
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Default There is an option to automate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSK1 View Post
My point is that it's more hassle to do all the force closing than recharging more frequently.

The only time it's really helpful is if u will be without a charger for a really really long time and you have no choice but to slow down battery drain.
There is an option to automate it (for non rooted). You still have to select the "hibernate now" manually but it will then automatically force close all the apps selected by you for greenifying..I have had this since about 3 months or so. It works only on my Xperia Z1 but not on my Galaxy Tab (GT-P3113) (which is on 4.2.2)
Sony Xperia Z1 (C6902)
Nokia Lumia 520
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Asus Transformer Prime
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautyspin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MSK1
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 197
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyspin View Post
There is an option to automate it (for non rooted). You still have to select the "hibernate now" manually but it will then automatically force close all the apps selected by you for greenifying..I have had this since about 3 months or so. It works only on my Xperia Z1 but not on my Galaxy Tab (GT-P3113) (which is on 4.2.2)
Yes.

I use it frequently now.

That's a pretty useful add-on. It's turned a useless app into a useful one.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSK1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
greenify, no-root, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more